Just got wollaped

Discussion in 'The Corral' started by Brilliance, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Brilliance

Brilliance New Member

Just opened a letter that came today . . .

Board is going up $25 a month but my horse is in training which means its going up to $700.oo from $650.oo. As of March first. I understand that costs have gone up but a $50 hike is hard to take with less than a months notice.

2. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

I hate when BO's do this.
    Not the increase. That is understandable and expected, but WHy do they think it's ok to give less then 30 days notice?

Bummer.

3. desederada

desederada New Member

Maybe you need to take him out of training.

4. Brilliance

Brilliance New Member

Its not so much the increase that i am miffed about, its the lack of notice. I know people hate to confront each other but I was just there and not one word. Ok I know its close to the first of the month. hehehehe if i was this late on board they sure would have called me.

Taking him out of training isnt something I am going to do. I made the commitment to them and myself that I am really going to work on my showing. I also made the commitment to my trainers when they asked if I was ready to do a full season and the would show him as their JR horse.

Ahhh such is life with horses.

5. snaffle

snaffle Guest

Perhaps you could talk to the trainer ... explaining the problems of the late notice..and ask if he/she would accept 1/2 of the increase the first month?