Kali has crossed the rainbow bridge

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by Susan, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Susan

Susan New Member

I have been seeing a decline in her back leg strength and her appetite the past two weeks. Tonight I came home to find her barely able to stand, let alone walk. The effort exhausted her. It was not the same as when she had her "spells" and she looked bad. An after hours run to the vet found a huge abdominal tumor that was bleeding. We put her down right then. I knew in my heart when I carried her out of the house that I would not bring my girl home. God speed Kali. I have enjoyed every minute of our brief time together. Seems like just yesterday I picked her up from Refuge Ranch. We have no idea how old she really was-just that she was "over 10". :'(

2. poodlelover

poodlelover Moderator

So sorry for your loss. Thank you for giving Kali a great home and lots of love at the end of her years.

Godspeed Kali. :'(

3. Mass

Mass Senior Member and Masscaster

I'm so sorry. RIP Kali.

4. Theresa

Theresa New Member

So sorry :( RIP Kali

5. syndiego

syndiego New Member

Awe, so sorry dear Kali had to leave. Bless you for opening your home and heart to a senior dog, they are the absolute best. Both difficult and rewarding. She had love.

RIP Kali

6. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

This x 30000000

:'(

7. Rachel

Rachel New Member

HUGS to you, Susan. Thanks for being a brave heart! Kali had a wonderful life with you and was treated with respect and dignity.

8. Powdernsmoke

Powdernsmoke Active Member

Susan, I am so sorry you lost Kali. Thanks to you she had a wonderful last few years, and was able to leave with dignity. {{{HUGS}}} to you. Godspeed Kali Girl. :'(

9. aahpets

aahpets Resident Smartass

It's so hard to let them go but now she's free. Sorry about Kali.

10. susiebk

susiebk New Member

11. JenR

JenR Formerly Underworld Queen

12. Ponythief

Ponythief New Member

So Sorry :'( Hugs. Godspeed Kali.

13. Pixin

Pixin Active Member

RIP Kali. Susan, I'm glad you were able to show her the good life.

14. Refuge Ranch

Refuge Ranch New Member

Susan, I am just now seeing this. :( I haven't been on the forums much. That girl was so incredibly lucky to have found you! Thank you for giving her enough love to make up for a lifetime without it!

15. Susan

Susan New Member

I sure miss her. Someone loved her enough to teach her good manners. You could put a plate of food on the coffee table and she never even approached it if you walked away. She would stand patiently to be groomed and was good about me clipping her nails. She never jumped up on people or nipped at my daughters boyfriend's kids (5&7)-even if they got in her face or in her food bowl. She was my shadow, lol-even followed me to the bathroom to be sure I did not disappear. Some nights I still wake up thinking I hear her breathing heavily next to my bed like she used to do when she had to go out in the night-no whining or barking, just got as close as she could and did some heavy breathing until I woke up. I know she is romping with her buddy and if her owners were elderly and had passed, they have hopefully met again at the bridge. I am so glad she could be part of my life, even if just for a little while. Thank you Refuge Ranch for the care and love you gave her and for posting her pics on the forum.

16. Azadestana

Azadestana New Member

So sorry for your loss. :(