Kentucky Derby

Discussion in 'The Winners Circle' started by glf01, Feb 7, 2009.

1. glf01

glf01 New Member

Wow the derby this year looks like it's going to be a good one. It might even give me a spark to go.
    I loved Pioneerofthenile's race today and Friesan Fire wow.

2. photofinish

photofinish Senior Member

Pioneer of The Nile was reminiscent of Pyro. I loved Pyro last year. He let me down. *sigh* such is life and horse racing...

If you go to the derby I will NOT answer my phone from you that day. I KNOW you will be calling to bitch about the crowds, the lines, the traffic, the non-horse folks (85% of the Derby crowd) in your way. Nope, uh-uh, no way ho-zay... Best seat in the house for the Derby is the livingroom recliner - got to the OTB early to bet, then home!

3. glf01

glf01 New Member

How about the office chair a plate of nachos and youbet.com
    Or maybe if the Tarra's come to there senses we may get to ride one

4. PT

PT New Member

First time I've ever seen more than one grey in the Derby and so far there are three, nifty!

5. MidnightHill

MidnightHill New Member

The 1997 Derby Field had 3 greys....Silver Charm (who won), Free House and Deeds Not Words. This was probably one of my most favorite Derbys since I am grey horse obsessed....lol

I really like Old Fashioned...probably my favorite right now. I also like Fresian Fire (I would LOVE to see his sire A.P. Indy finally get a Derby winner - and Larry Jones too). My other 2 on the watch list are Munnings and Stardom Bound - it will be interesting to see how the filly stacks up.