LOL!!! what???

Discussion in 'The Corral' started by AKPonygirl, Feb 22, 2009.

1. AKPonygirl

AKPonygirl New Member

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/grd/1045090655.html ----- I am sure she will be flagged again as we have a troll who is flagging all the animal adds here atm... She has two pics of her horse.. one of them has her standing behind an electric fence that is droopy and no t-post caps.. lol I don't know how to take the pics from there to here..

[move]Crazy Craigslist Ad... NOT MINE!!!![/move]

Please don't flag this ad. I have put an ad on here in the past and someone took it off. I think it is really mean to do that when it takes a person time to create an ad and someone can just click on flag and the person has to waste their time all over again redoing their ad. If we sell animals too cheaply, Alaskan livestock is in danger of becoming food for the dog mushers.

Yes. Dog food is expensive and Alaska is not only the quarter horse capital of the world but it is the home of the last great (dog) race. Have you ever calculated how many bags it takes to feed a dog team per month? A lot of those teams don't use bagged food. It's kind of like puppies-don't give them away for free or snake people might feed them to their snake when they can't get chicks. I'm not saying this is bad, or wrong, or even that all of the dog people or snake people do these things-it's just that there is always that chance and I don't want to take it on my livestock becoming meat for someone's dogs. Some of my favorite people and best friends are dog mushers and I enjoy riding in their sleds. If you don't believe me, then you should call Mat Su Animal Care and Control and you will find out I'm telling the truth. They, too, are careful about selling the horses and livestock that come in. They are careful about how they run their auctions.

Quarter horses are work horses that help take care of fence lines and herding of other livestock, and because she is a trotter, can pull a cart or wagon, and can be ridden on her back. She produces healthy manure compost that helps the garden grow. Manure was also used the same as buffalo chips in the stoves of the early settlers and can be used now as pellets in a pellet stove insert for your wood stove. Paint horses originally came from Spain and are related to horses like Andelusians and Friesans. My horses head shape looks like a Friesan. When the American Quarter Horse Association was formed, they culled out a lot of horses for painted markings, then people realized many of the best horses were being culled out due to color and apha was formed. Many of the cowboys and Indians looked for beautifully marked horses-citing their high intelligence. Now, about my horse, who is especially good livestock.

Hi. I have a beautiful black and white paint/quarter horse mare in foal. Her mother was a beautiful paint and her dad was a black stallion. She got the best of both as far as looks. She doesn't have papers, but the pregnancy has a receipt that makes it eligible in several registries (blue-eyed, APHA, AQHA, dun) as a half paper. The horse she was bred to is a blue eyed paint with palomino coloring and white sides. He has a dorsal stripe and black flames down his legs. Both horses have white legs. He also had a heart-shaped marking on his shoulder. She has a perfect head, long neck, perfect rose on her forehead and a pink bottom lip and snip. She his mostly black with a white neck and butt and a white hummingbird shape under her chin. She has a couple of small scars on her chest but you can't see them--only feel them. They are not where tack goes on her. They were from a small horse running her into a fence before I got her.

She needs more space than I have on my property. She is about 4 years old, gorgeous, and is wearing ice shoes. She has had some professional training with Nathan Horseman and a couple of other trainers. She is four years old and a little more horse than I can handle. She really needs a loving home with more acreage for her and her foal to run and play. She won't come cheap but she will be worth every penny! She will come with some hay, pelleted grain, and all of the tack and cleaning things I have used on her.

I have lots of photos of her. She is about 15.2 hands high or a little taller with straight legs and beautiful conformation. If you are serious, inquire about her and I will email you more photos. She is not for a beginner or a child. She is for an advanced rider because she is high spirited. She is probably too short to be a jumper, but she has a good head on her when riding trails. She hasn't had that much experience under saddle, but she had three weeks of intense training last fall and her training may continue after she has her foal if she is not sold. She is a very smooth horse to ride-very comfortable. She has two saddles but she really needs a nice, new saddle.

She loves apples and carrots but her grain is her favorite. She has been on Palmer brome hay all winter and through most of last summer. Email me if you would like to buy a great horse that is still young, in training, with foal. You will have two horses to work in no time and the baby can go with you on trail rides to learn how to be like mommy. I reserve the right to refuse a sale and I also reserve the right to inspect the property of any future owner. Sale is by private treaty. If you think she's priced too high, remember that there are horses that are worth millions, some worth hundreds of thousands, and some that are free. She will be worth every penny. I do not want her injured in transport; therefore I am not selling her to anyone out of state.

2. poodlelover

poodlelover Moderator

How do you suppose she came up with that odd price?

3. burgie

burgie New Member

Wow. Seriously?
    $20k for an unregistered, hardly broke, high spirited mare?
    Seriously?

Perhaps that chick should come live in Ignorance City for a while...

4. Shell

Shell New Member

$20k for a Pregnant! unregistered, hardly broke, high spirited 4 yr old mare.

:) So....AKP, how much do they spend for mushing food out there?

5. WindyKnollFarm

WindyKnollFarm New Member

Delusion Hills would be better for her.

6. burgie

burgie New Member

We will have to give Imzadi a heads up. She is the mayor of that town.

7. Imzadi

Imzadi New Member

Thank you for the heads up, I think the application to get into my town just got a LOT longer!

8. Mass

Mass Senior Member and Masscaster

I don't think the ad was long enough. :D ;)

9. AKPonygirl

AKPonygirl New Member

LOL not that damn much.. that's for sure!! HA! but I am sure that is where she will end up eventually...