Looking for trainer

Discussion in 'The Carrot Stick' started by KS QUARTERS, Jan 13, 2009.

1. KS QUARTERS

KS QUARTERS New Member

Someone who would put a couple weeks training on my paint gelding just to get him refreshed, I have a knee that needs surgery and don't want to take any chances. Located in northern Il Ihave an indoor & outdoor areana,if interested please contact me he was my rescue from a year ago and is doing great so it is time to put him to work. He has been broke and rode alot before I got him but he is only 4 yrs Kim

2. Michele

Michele New Member

Were do you live? What discipline do you wnat the horse trained in?

I hope all goes well with your knee.

3. KS QUARTERS

KS QUARTERS New Member

Rock Falls Il, just general riding now, probably wester/english pleasure kim

4. AppyGSP

AppyGSP Senior Member

5. KS QUARTERS

KS QUARTERS New Member

Good thought I'll have to see what she is available to do, plus it's ok if the weather warms up some and I don't mind taking him somewhere either Kim

6. TwistedWire

TwistedWire Guest

He's always welcome at my house :D We are in the process of building a third lean-to and pen for outside horses-once warm weather hits, that's our priority.

7. I might be able to help you. I am a natural horsemanship trainer in Gilberts, IL (near Elgin). You can check out my website at www.ridewithpleasure.com. I can work with your horse in our indoor arena. We can bring him in for as long as you like. I would work on giving your horse a very soft mouth, teaching him leg yields, a good stop using seat, backing, collection, head set, etc. I would start with ground work to gain a respectful and trusting relationship. My groundwork only takes about an hour total to teach him. I would also like to work with teaching you the methods I use so that you can continue the pressure and release communication tool to continue his improvement in willing control.