Missing son who just left

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by MyTeDun, Jan 12, 2009.

1. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

My youngest son came in for a visit, why isn't the visit ever long enough?

He was here for 5 days but I spent limited time with him---- God I miss him already and he is en route to the airport.

We talk and text all the time but I won't see him again for about 7 months.

I'm so proud of him, he is a wonderful person, just turned 28 but everytime he leaves I feel like I just lost my late husband again. He is the spitting image of his dad~~

I know, get over it its been 8 years but I enjoyed having my sons home, hated to see them grow up. Hate being an empty nester.

I just need some cheering up.

2. snaffle

snaffle Guest

Sorry chickie I can't help you with this one!

I can not tell you how many times a year I make the comment to my husband..

I MISS my little kids!!

I like you.. enjoyed my kids .. yes at times they made me cry and caused me stress.. but they were basically very good kids.. who have grown up to be very good adults.

thanks my te dun.. now you have me

boo hoo-ing!! :p

;)

3. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

Sorry Snaffle but this always hits me right between the eyes when he leaves. My older son lives in Byron, talk to him constantly and see them all the time due to the grandson.

I simply just love my kids! Got married young and all I ever wanted to do was have a baby. I guess I'm from a different age, in a different situation I would have had up to 6 kids. Had 2 and enjoyed them most of the time~~

I just heard from him, they were boarding their plane------- MIDWAY IS CLOSING AT 6PM, all flights cancelled!!!! Thank god they had a flight at 5pm.

He'll be home with palm trees and flowers by 7:30pm Pacific time. BRAT!!!

4. Shell

Shell New Member

I know how you feel. I miss my daughter A LOt! My daughter who just turned 20, Dec.26, while working/living in AZ, I haven't seen since her last visit. She left on July 3rd. And she doesn't know when her next visit will be. Was suppose to be sometime this month, but so far no word about it.
    She was my magnet when she was little. We were each other's best friend as she grew up. I had the stress of losing my feeling of being able to always protect her as she got older and knowing she was becoming an adult.
    Can you tell I was a single parent. Her father wanted a divorce and was final when she was 4 months old. Visitation wasn't important to him.

5. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

That sucks about her dad but thank god she had you!!! And believe me the connection will always be there between you, I know it is for my sons and I. I totally understand the protection issue, I don't know how many times I've wanted to jump on a plane when he has been down or just not sounding right.

BTW----He is home!!!! He just called and enjoying the warm air and warm santa anna breeze they are having right now. Flight only took 3 hrs. 40 min. FAST one!!!!

Somehow I have to figure out a way to go visit before summer. hummmmmm---- I have alot of extra tack sitting in my trailer

6. NutsEmom

NutsEmom New Member

I hear ya, MTD. Katie lives 700 miles away with my newest grandson, Riley. We got to go in November to see them, he was just 1 week old then, but I'd sure love to spend more time with them!! Steph was here with Logan over New Year's, and has been back several times since then since she's only 30 miles away. Doesn't make you miss the one further away any less though!!

How did his girlfriend like all this weather? Real snow, not that Cali stuff!!

7. Shell

Shell New Member

I think you need to return the favor of your son spending time with you ;) ;D
    Also, he Had to tolerate our weather. I think it's only fair that you Have to go and tolerate his!

Glad to hear his return home was safe, and with no delays.

8. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

Shell I agree completely with you about the return trip---I usually fly out there for 4-5 days end of March but this year is a no go due to a health issue I have been dealing with since last summer.

They got home safe and sound, he called me around 9:30pm enroute to the car.

"Diana" the girlfriend is very nice. She is gorgeous and they seem to adore each other. Guess he will never move back to the midwest now. oh well! I have a vacation spot to go to.

[​IMG]

Diana is on the left - Blonde
    Rachel (DIL) on the right

Here's a pic of my boys-------
    Brent is the blonde (grandsons dad, Rachels husband)
    Ryan is on the right (Diana)
    [​IMG]