More saddle pad talk.

Discussion in 'The Corral' started by Buffy, Feb 21, 2009.

1. SMX Air Ride Ortho-Sport

47.5%
  2. RideNLite Orthopedic

18.8%
  3. Impact Gel Felt Contour

33.8%
  4. SMX Air Ride Ortho-Sport

47.5%
  5. RideNLite Orthopedic

18.8%
  6. Impact Gel Felt Contour

33.8%
  1. Buffy

Buffy New Member

2. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

I like how the middle one not only has the high wither cut out and contour, but it has the additional "along the back" padding.

3. PT

PT New Member

4. kats

kats New Member

5. middleageddebutante

middleageddebutante New Member

Gotta go with this one - or any other brands just like it (five star, sloan, ed wright, marlene eddleman, etc.) that are 100% wool felt with the wither cut out.

6. StarryNight924

StarryNight924 New Member

I agree with the felt pads. I worry about gel pads, especially the ones where you can't replace the inserts, since the gel degrades after a while and can then make it uncomfortable for the horse. The second one scares me because they are advertising that the pad DOES NOT absorb wetness. The Prof Choice one bothers me with that strap over the withers. Looks like you could end up with some rubbing. I would go for one with a cutback or with a contoured wither area. Good luck with your pad search!

7. alljackedup

alljackedup New Member

That Reinsman is the one that I've been thinking about for Jack. I can't find a good cut out that I like. Since we'r both looking for saddles for high withers, let me know if you find one, and vice-versa.