Mutts and DNA

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by monizzle, Jan 14, 2009.

1. monizzle

monizzle New Member

2. poodlelover

poodlelover Moderator

I know some people who did it with surprising results. At that time - maybe a year and a half ago - I think it was $60. It's not important enough to me to spend that kind of money.

3. Shannon

Shannon New Member

I like the Judge Judy (maybe it was the People's Court?) case where a lady bought an advertised "teacup chihuahua" for a bunch of money, and the dog ended up be like 20 lbs! She paid the $ to get the DNA and the dog had NO chihuahua in him at all. Needless to say, she got all her $ back including the cost of the DNA test.

4. syndiego

syndiego New Member

I've thought about doing it for both my dogs. Quincy is a Rottie, but a rescue. Sometimes I wonder if he's a purebred or not, because he doesn't have the typical blocky conformation. He's tall and sinewy (good word, huh? ;D ) Or if he's a purebred, he's way off type.

Millie has definite Border Collie, but she's solid black. She has black on her tongue, so I wonder if some ChowChow in there (even though other breeds can have black tongues)

As far as the money, I've pissed away more than that on stupider stuff. :laugh:

5. Mass

Mass Senior Member and Masscaster

I guess even if I was put in the situation where the dog I got, was supposed to be something different, I'd be way too attached to return it. So no, I wouldn't do it. Then again, I don't show my dogs or anything like that.

6. TwistedWire

TwistedWire Guest

I've seen kits for around 30 or 40...I sure wouldn't spend 100!