My mommas to be..

Discussion in 'The Foaling Stall' started by morapt, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Joie

Joie New Member

Have you tried expressing any milk from her udder?

2. morapt

morapt New Member

No, nor would I recommend anyone else try. She isn't the easiest but she is the biggest. :D
    It was my mistake but she is progressing wonderfully and her due date isn't until Sunday anyway. Just like when I was preggers, I get to excited. Never rush mother nature.

3. Joie

Joie New Member

I would never survive foaling without milk testing!

4. morapt

morapt New Member

Got a call at 3:30 this morning that Airy had her baby. She had a chestnut filly (yippie). I was hoping for a filly as a possible replacement for Airy, she is 18 this year. I don't have any pictures yet to share yet but will as soon as I have them!

5. kats

kats New Member

Congrats!!!

6. morapt

morapt New Member

Thank you. I'm waiting for more pictures but with MWHF this weekend the barn owner is really busy. But in the mean time i'm sleeping in the barn as the other 2 mares can't seem to figure out who wants to go first. BTW it was FREAKING COLD last night. The first 2 nights weren't bad. Last night was almost to darn cold.

7. morapt

morapt New Member

overheard in the barn

"She'll be coming soon, your turn or mine?"
    "Your turn, throw yourself down and roll and groan like your sides are tearing open. Then get up and do it again. After a couple of hours of the people standing in the cold, get up, eat and act like nothing happened"
    "ok, then you wait a day or so and do the same thing. When the people are ready to drop and can't keep their eyes open anymore maybe we'll both start acting like we'll give birth at the same time. How's that?"
    "sounds great.... sh, here comes one now."

8. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

:-D gotta love "about to foal" mommas!
    Sneaky mares!

9. morapt

morapt New Member

Olivia was down at 5 am and down at 7:30 which is off for her... Will be sleeping in the barn tonight.