My schdule is about to get crazy... any crock pot recipes?

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by Jamik, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Jamik

Jamik New Member

Hi girls!

My schedule is about to go berzerk and time is going to be very limited. I am thinking the crock pot is going to get a workout for a while. Anybody want to share their favorite crock pot recipes or other easy meal ideas? I'm tired of the same old thing.

Any help will be greatly appreciated! You may have to rescue me from the looney bin as well, so stay tuned! :th_lol_hitting:

Thanks! Jami

2. burgie

burgie New Member

Chicken chili:
    1 can chicken broth
    1 can diced tomatos, green peppers and onions - drained
    1 can mexicorn, drained
    1 can campbells fiesta nacho cheese soup
    1 bag pre-cooked fajita chicken
    2 cans, drained, great northern beans
    1 bag shredded nacho cheese

Put in crock pot on low, wait for shredded cheese to melt, EAT.
    Really good if topped with sour cream, avacado slices or the little tortilla strips you can buy in the salad section.

3. JenR

JenR Formerly Underworld Queen

Italian beef:

1 or 2 pot roasts
    1 cap of beef consomme
    a few squirts of Italian and balsamic vinegarette dressing
    about a cup of red wine
    Italian seasoning to taste
    Herbs de Provence to taste (optional)
    couple of teaspoons of chopped garlic
    some splashes of Worchestershire sauce

Let it sit in the crock pot all day cooking -- you many need to check it and put some water in if it gets too dry(beef is a little lean); then get out the crusty bread and mayo and cheese (I like provolone and aged swiss, but mozarella is good; optional side sammich dressings: sauted mushrooms and onions (this takes maybe 20 minutes tops, and can be made in advance and reheated), and the two kickers: steamed chopped broccoli (or broccoli rabe is the best) -- can be popped in and nuked in 5 minutes tops and roasted red peppers (those are like top secret weapons on a sammich) -- canned.

Very messy, but my family likes it.
    I've got a bunch more -- the crock pot is our friend.

4. alljackedup

alljackedup New Member

Taco Soup: It's WAY quicker than it sounds

1 lb cooked hamburger (cooked and drained)
    1 can pinto beans
    1 can black beans
    1 can hominy (optional)
    1 can garbonzo beans
    1 can rotel
    1 can diced potatoes
    1 can diced tomatoes
    1 packet of Hidden valley ranch powder
    1 packet taco seasoning (however spicy you want)

In large pot, pour in all cans WITH the juice and add hamburger. DO NOT drain anything but the meat.
    Cook at medium heat until it comes to a boil and add ranch dressing mix and taco seasoning. Let simmer about 15 minutes and serve with sour cream and sprinkle with mont jack cheese.

I always double the recipe. The kids love to take it for lunches. It heats up just as good.

5. Jamik

Jamik New Member

Mmmmm Mmmmm! Thanks guys!

Keep 'em coming. :)

6. Mass

Mass Senior Member and Masscaster

I must be tired, I read the title as "anyone have any crack pot recipes. :D

7. cherokee

cherokee New Member

beef stew

brown stew meat
    add cut up tators and carrots
    fill crock pot 3/4 way full with water add 1-2 beef bullion cubes
    let cook all day then add about 4 packets of gravey mix stir and eat

8. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

This is actually good and peretty easy:

2 to 3 pounds round steak, cubed
    1 package beefy onion soup mix
    1 can golden mushroom soup
    1 can tomato soup
    8 ounces or more fresh mushrooms, thickly sliced
    8 ounces sour cream

Put steak, soup mix, and soups in the Crock Pot; stir. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. Add sour cream during the last 20 minutes. Serve over noodles.

9. Tbitt

10. horsefreak

horsefreak New Member

That's a good website tbitt, I've been making lots of crock pot stuff lately too. Made split pea last week, today I'm trying ham and been soup for the first time. I make our soups low fat as much as I can because I'm on weight watchers. Love the Italian beef recipe I just go a little simpler no wine and just go over kill on the seasonings and garlic. It's nice to be able to just warm the stuff back up for a couple days too, then you only have to cook a few times a week. There is one on this site for slow cooker lasagna I want to try some day too.

http://slowcooker.lotsofgreatrecipes.com/

11. Tbitt

Ya, I heard about the split pea soup........sounds good.

We just made Ham and Bean soup a little over a week ago.............it was WONDERFUL.

I love warm stews/soups this time of the year.

Oh, I'll have to remember to get my corn choweder recipe and post it..............LOVE it!
    I'm to the point where I can make it with whatever I have hanging around the house.........

And I was going to say:
    The Stroganoff one I posted above; you can use healthy choice soups and light sour cream...........

12. horsefreak

horsefreak New Member

I love beef strokem'off!!! I have been trying whole wheat pasta lately too (I can't have it often because I'm a pasta addict) but it is freaking awesome. I even had lunch at Olive Garden last week and had them substitute...oh yum! There is one that I bought that is lover in calories and higher in fiber than the whole wheat, I'm going to have to give it a try... but it might be too late I'm hooked.

13. Jamik

Jamik New Member

Great websites! Thanks guys! :)

14. desederada

desederada New Member

Sounds great but I want to try it and substitute black beans.

15. PT

PT New Member

Pot Roast

(I can throw this entire thing together on the counter top in less than 45 minutes. I usually run home on my lunch break and set it, then when we all get off of work, it's almost done!)

One good sized blade roast
    2 packages french onion soup and 4 cups of water
    1 bag of carrots
    1-2 onions, quartered
    1 bag of celery
    6 (or however many you want) small golden potatoes
    2 cloves of garlic, crushed

Sear the roast in a HOT pan with salt, pepper and olive oil. Put the roast in the crock pot, pile in the peeled/cut veggies, pour the onion soup mix/water combo over everything, cover and set the crock on high for the first 3 hours, then medium for another 1-2 hours (or until the roast is fork tender).

Once you pull everything out of the crock pot, pour the juices into a soup pan on the stove and bring to a simmer. Then, slowly add either corn starch or flour until the gravy is as thick as you like it.

If you prefer semi-firm veggies (we like firmer celery) wait to put whatever veggies you want semi firm in until the last one or two hours.

Have some biscuits ready (the Pillsbury Grands biscuits are AWESOME for this) and enjoy!! :)