Need help finding a dog.

Discussion in 'Adopt A Friend' started by mandy_28491, Mar 7, 2014.

1. mandy_28491

mandy_28491 New Member

Let me start off by saying that I work for a gorgeous horse boarding facility. This place is like no other that I have ever been. The family that owns it are retired and do it for the love of the animals. With that being said,I am trying to help them fill a void. Over the winter, we had to make the decision to put down our St.Bernard due to wobblers. We have been searching for a new dog with no luck. Several rescues have turned us down because we do not have a fenced in yard. With that being said, we are on 150 acres. Also looked down upon because it's a barn. Well there are three other dogs that go back and forth from the house to the barn. They choose where they want to stay. They are not kept outside in a dog house, but in a heated facility.

Anyway,I am asking if some of you might know of places that would work with us? We would rather adopt than pay for a puppy. Looking at larger breeds, 6 months to young adult. Would prefer make but open minded.

2. DENNIS

DENNIS New Member

have you looked at the humane society of calumet, it is located off I-80 and they have a web site also. we got two dogs from there and we live in the country

3. mandy_28491

mandy_28491 New Member

I just checked out their available dogs. It seems they have just about all pit bulls. Thank you for the suggestion though. It might help to clarify we are located in Brookston, IN.

4. Pixin

Pixin New Member

5. ElenePikkarainen

ElenePikkarainen New Member

That's a really good initiative mate. There are many organizations that can help you in this regard. You should search a pet at adoptapet and I am sure that you would find a dog there.