negatives into a picture

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by cherokee, Feb 15, 2009.

1. cherokee

cherokee New Member

I picked up a negative/slide reader yesterday at walmart.

It plugs into my computer with a usb cable. I can put 35 mm negatives either color
    or B and W scan it in, do a transfer to the computer and the picture comes out
    in color or in black and white.

I tried it out yesterday with some negatives that I had the picture's to. I was
    amazed at how well the picture from the negative reader came out.

I am now really excited because my Mom has a lot of negatives that she isn't sure
    what they are, now I can work on them and find out.

My mom also picked up an LP/casett recorder it plugs into a computer and you
    can put LP or cassette tapes onto CD's. I can't wait to try that out as I have
    alot of LP's from when I was a kid that I would love to put on CD.

2. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

Now this is cool!!!

I thought this thread was going to be about finding a place to get this done...........now about a new gadget on the market that easily does this!

How cool!

I think I might want one! >:D

How much was it?

Oh to think of all the pictures of the boys I have on film........to get them on a disk and give them to them later!? Oh how fun!

3. WindyKnollFarm

WindyKnollFarm New Member

My dad has had a scanner for a few years that does this too. Just lay the negative on the bed of the scanner and voila, you can scan it into a file, manipulate it just like a digital photo.

4. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

Really?

I have a newish Cannoon photo printer /scanner ...........I wonder if it does that too?

Hmmmm......now I have to read the manual.......

5. cherokee

cherokee New Member

I have a printer scanner that does it but it doesn't scan them as good as what I got
    the other day.

It is called film and slide digital converter. It converts to 5.0 mp pictures.
    The machine is about six inches tall about four inches around has a slit at the bottem
    of it for you to put the negative's or slides in the holder and slide threw it by hand.

I got it at Super Walmart in Freeport on sale; original price was 79.00 I picked it up
    for 40.00. It has software with it that includes a photo software with editing.

I am having a blast with this little thing. My great grama passed a bunch of negatives
    on to my grama, my mom now has them with no pictures so this is going to be
    very cool finding out what theese pictures are of.

6. WindyKnollFarm

WindyKnollFarm New Member

I don't remember the brand (am leaning toward thinking it is an HP tho) I'll look tomorrow....I DO remember that we had to buy him an add-on to do it.....basically a different cover, but it works like a charm. Altho I am pretty interested in the unit that Cherokee got...can't beat the price and the ease of use, it sounds like!

<geez, my dog has bbbaaaaddddd gas> gasp, cough, sputter

7. cherokee

cherokee New Member

Hubby brought home a large negative from his mom's for me to try. I knew I wouldn't
    beable to do anything with it because it was just to large. Then I thought if I trim a bit
    from each edge I might beable to put the whole thing in the scanner machine without
    the tray. So I did I moved the negative around then took the picture with the software
    turns out the negative is a picture of Hubby's Dad when he was about six years old
    and his Dad (Hubby's Grampa) I can't wait to take the picture to his Mom tomorrow.