New Haircut

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by asuits, Jan 23, 2009.

1. asuits

asuits New Member

Okay that's it! I've had it! I've been having my husband's cousin cut my hair because she comes to my house and does hair, highlights, eyebrow, lip and my daughter's hair (and sometimes my husband's hair) for $80. I'm not really fond of the cut. It's kind of limp and yucky and sometimes the highlights come out really brassy.

Anyway, after calling her 3x in the past 2 weeks trying to get her to come out (she's not returning my calls) I decided I'm going to go to the salon across the street from where I work to have it done.

Anyway, what kind of cut should I get? Post pictures of what you think will look good.

And with Peggy's help there will be a picture of me in the thread pretty quick. (I'm picture retarded!)

2. Shell

Shell New Member

Even with a picture of you, I wouldn't be any help. Thinking the same thing for myself, just can't come up with a wash and go no fuss hair style that fits me other than what I've had for years. And I don't want short hair. 3" shorter would be ok, but not more than that.

3. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

Go for it!

Short is great---- so easy to take care of

My hair is super thick and wavy to the point of being a nuisance but not nice looking. I worked up the nerves several years ago and did it!

My hair on top is about 1 1/2 inches long, cut up around the ears, clipped out feathered short bangs, angled slightly towards face over the ears and feathered down the back so it blends. The back at the neck is almost to the point of clipper use.

I wash it, put a tiny bit of gel in and fluff it. Thats it for the whole day---If I want different for evening or doing whatever I can blow dry and use a round brush to add fullness and a nice style.

LOVE IT!!

4. Willie76

Willie76 New Member

I have had the same cut for 6 years lol and nobody but Alyssa touches it anymore :) I have really choppy layers with blonde, red, and brown all over :)

5. Shell

Shell New Member

Short hair makes me look like I have a giraffe neck, I have a narrow face which short hair can make me look like a Q-tip if poofed out. And it would take a lot to make it poof because I don't have thick hair or any curl to it. To much work.

asuits, I'm not trying to take your topic away, I need help too. :-[
    The type of style has to also go with how much work you want to put into it everyday and your over all appearance, like I mentioned above for me....short hair is not the answer in my case.
    Since I've been able to make my own choice for how I wanted my hair cut, I've had my hair cut short twice. Once in the 70's when I was in grade school and the Dorthy Hamil (sp) cut was popular, and the last time 1986 the year my son was born and I got tried of him using it to hang on to.

6. HALL FARMS

HALL FARMS Insert Title Here

Ha...I just spent two hours at the hair salon this evening. I have fine hair and it is thick in the back and thin on top at the bangs (hate that). It hangs straight unless I put a curling iron to it. So tonight I told the stylist, have at it. She layered it shorter on top, told me how to part it to keep it from looking thin on top, and then we highlighted. I have dark auburn (like a dark chestnut) hair and now it has blond highlights all over it now. I really like how she did my hair this evening and plan to maintain this style....I'll try to get a picture up....

Now my next dilema....I learned to do my own make-up back in the 80's and never really have updated on how to apply my make-up for a "now" look....Southern IL is not full of cosmetic/make-over places. I want a fresh new look and tips from someone on what looks best on me!

7. Ponythief

Ponythief New Member

I got brave and had mine cut really short in the back and kind of tapered longer as it goes around to my faceline. Still with bangs, I hate my forehead exposed. It took alot to get use to not having hair on my neck but I really like it now. I didn't realize how much I was always yanking my hair out of my hoodies or coat, and now I don't have it to pull out. :) When it's done up it suppose to have a "freestyle" fun look. Or straighten it out, add some flip to the ends all over and then hubby calls it "the bad girl" look.

The best thing that came out of my haircut was when Lyns told me I looked 10 years younger :-* I love my daughter :)

Hall Farms, I can come do your makeup >:D

8. HALL FARMS

HALL FARMS Insert Title Here

9. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

I think I alread offered up my shearing skeels..............

Come on chicken....I won't even charge you!!!! :th_flipoff:

10. desederada

desederada New Member

I like it any way that I can put it in a pony tail and have no bangs on my forehead. Can't stand having to deal with bangs under a helmet unless there are very few and have to be able to tuck the back under the helmet and not on my neck. I like it left long but cut at an angel so that it's longer in the front. One way to keep it straight and long but still interesting.

11. Peggy Sue

Peggy Sue New Member

12. asuits

asuits New Member

I HAVE to have bangs (and I'm willing to share this thread with whoever wants help too!).  I have a huge forehead.  I also have a really round face and a bigger nose so I'm worried about going too short or framing my face.  I guess we'll see...

I'm going to try to upload some pictures.  Don't know if I can figure it out or not.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. asuits

asuits New Member

[​IMG]

I think I figured it out!

14. desederada

desederada New Member

Is the girl on the right side of the photo your twin? If not you have to be sisters. ;)
    How about something like this with lots of blond highlights. [​IMG]

15. desederada

desederada New Member

This is what I'm going for next just kind of a grown out version of what I had.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Margot7

Margot7 New Member

I LIKE that one Des....I'm going to steal that for myself  ;D  Thanks  Oh, Asuits, I think you'd look cute with some form of a bob....shorter in the back.....length on the sides...

17. desederada

desederada New Member

I like this bob.  The back is short at the nape with layers and the front is left long.  If you have bangs you just sweep them to the side and let them fall across your forehead.
    [​IMG]

Same style a little funkier
    [​IMG]

18. monizzle

monizzle New Member

http://www.easy-hairstyles.com/images/Kelly_clarkson_2.jpg/

I also have a round face and I got this haircut right before Thanksgiving. Very easy to take care of and my BF loved it. I've had strangers ask me if they could take pictures of my hair.

Edited: I can't figure out how to post pics straight of the internet so just copy and paste it. Sorry

19. asuits

asuits New Member

The girl on the right side of the picture (my left) is my sister-in-law. The girl on the left side of the photo (my right) is my cousin's fiancee so no, neither one is blood relation.