Nicanor and his Stalkers

Discussion in 'The Winners Circle' started by photofinish, Jan 31, 2009.

1. photofinish

photofinish Senior Member

As some know, Barbaro's little brother had his 1st start today. He ran badly. He s'posedly grabbed a quarter at the start. He was 10th in a field of 12.

There is much weeping, gnashing of teeth, and (I suspect) flagellation occuring on the FOB board. Again, I say, those people are NUTS :th_lol_hitting: Several posted they "started crying before the race and couldn't hear the call". WTF? They have been stalking this horse for 2 years now. I feel sorry for Matz trying to train with these goofballs literally stalking the horse's every move and making pilgrimages to his barn. A few times at Keenelend this fall they had to get track mgmt to let them breeze in secret 1/2 hr before the track opened just so they could avoid the cuckoos. They treat Prado like second member of the Holy Trinity "Oh, thank God Edgar was on him and saved this precious boy for another day". Yeah, War Emblem won the Preakness with blood gushing from a grabbed quarter.

I knew what to expect over in WhackadooLand, but I couldn't help myself - I had to look. It was as bad as I feared. The train-wreck syndrome..... ::)

2. BUC

BUC Administrator

Someone posted this on my blog a couple of days ago. I had no idea until I looked into it.

The dumbest of all creatures are a breed of humanoid called the FOB. Holy christ, they're going into a frenzy over NICANOR's debut.

But Lael Stables covered up the death of their first time starter Peter o' at Gulfstream from injuries in #9 on 1/9/09.....those evil #9s. Didn't want anything to cloud the second coming of BARBARO. The media helped, too. All the talk about breakdowns and the chosen Jackson's get no mention? Come on.......this is NEWS!

3. photofinish

I feel sort of bad for the Jackson's, too. They didn't ask for this level of worship. The whole damn sport is having a hard time with PR, so they really can't publicly decry these nut jobs. I wouldn't trade places with them and Matz for 20 Kentucky Derby winners. It's just creepy. If these FOBs were stalking a human celebrity to this degree they'd be arrested. I think we need a special "squirrel" smiley to designate the FOBies

:th_kittenhate:

4. BUC

BUC Administrator

Actually the Jacksons love it. Well Mrs. Jackson anyway. I'm sure they don't know quite the level of insanity that goes on at that forum, but someone there is close to them and posts messages from Mrs.Jackson sometimes. She also did an interview with Alex Brown the other day and was all up the FOB's ass.

Seriously, why else would they drag out everything Barbaro that they can. It took them over a year to bury the Fing horse and now the statue coming out in April. Did anyone ever even hear about them before this? They are riding Barbaro's coat tail hard.

5. BUC

BUC Administrator

From the Jacksons to the FOB's:

It=s 2009 and January 29th is a date some racing fans

will remember no matter what the year. It is the day we

said goodbye to Barbaro, freeing him from his battle

with laminitis, giving him peace.

His story did not end there in that stall in that I.C.U.

His story goes on and causes me to express our immense

gratitude to all those loyal, loyal fans (Friends of

BarbaroBFOB=s) that have carried his legacy into the

present.

We think that all the horse world will be interested to

know just what is this legacyBwhy do we care, and

how it has taken shape?

At Christmastime this year, a local florist (an FOB)

delivered a huge photo album. It was filled with the

hundredsByes hundredsBof pictures of rescued horses,

rescued from shipment to slaughterhouses, rescued in

Barbaro=s name. ManyBin fact, more than half--of the

photos showed horses under tack with a rider in the

saddle. Many of these riders were children. All rescued

by FOB=s, many of whom haven=t the wherewithal to

spend needed money to save horses. It seems their love

has found a way.

Also, during the holidays, we were treated by a visit

with Alex Brown, the man behind the Tim Wooley-

Barbaro website. His enthusiasm and dediction to helping

horses is inspiring and causes me to try harder. He

told us that the FOB=s have raised over a million dollars

for the rescue of horses. Imagine what a grass-root

effort that is.

This is Barbaro=s legacy and it continues. We still love

our memories of our racehorse, all six wins, six thrills

filled with awe, love, excitement and dedication. We

are learning to love what his injury became. We realize

that we were given an opportunity to improve horses=

fates, not only by research but by helping the discarded

find a new life. We are not in favor of saving all horses;

some need to be euthanized out of kindness, released

from their pains, but not tortured in shipping or under

the knife.

January 29th will be a day of remembrance for us and

deep gratitude to all those who have so loved Barbaro.

Many have given a new life to horses and to racing. We

want to say thank you to all involved and encourage

you to keep Barbaro=s legacy strong and flourishing.

BRoy and Gretchen Jackson

6. photofinish

Ok, I guess I just feel sorry for Matz, then :p

7. desederada

desederada New Member

Yea, they are milkin it for sure ::)

8. funnypaint

funnypaint New Member

LOL I happened to be at the OTB today and watched the race. The odds were extreme for all but him a maybe two or three other horses. I think the winner was 30 the place was 19 and the show was something like 40. Nice looking horse but he sure flopped!

9. desederada

desederada New Member

Wasn't it his first start? Give the poor guy a chance especially if he was in with horses that had few races already. ;)

10. JenR

JenR Formerly Underworld Queen

Matz and Prado better keep a weather eye on things -- if this horse turns out to be a dog (and there are a lot of "superstar" horses whose full siblings and/or progeny are, maybe it's racing luck), then I'm going to be placing a bet that the Jackson's and the FOB's will keep their love affair going and will thusly need a scapegoat -- and it sure as H won't be Nicanor ;)

Jackson's don't impress me much -- they've ridden that poor damn, dead horse of theirs for all their worth; they were doing it before he was dead, imho.
    And I think Matz and Prado are obviously getting paid a nice penny to be part of their squirrely, bottom feeding entourage.

11. glf01

glf01 New Member

While watching the race I notice the horse was very rank and did run up to horses and if he did grab the quarter it probably happened then. He flattened out like a short horse. If you look at history it usually doesn't repeat itself at least in racing. If the full brother is a runner then most times the little one doesn't have the same talent. It's like a super star mare that runs her heart out and makes tons of money and then throws foals that can't get out of their own way. Please you jumping people don't take this in offense Michael Matz is a former show horse person the he has the tendency to be able to handle crowds and people watching him constantly. I don't think he gets paid extra to put you with the circus surrounding him. Even though he is a bit skinny. Nervousness is common.
    I was watching HRTV the other morning and on race day america they did an interview by phone with Alex Brown, who by the way is currently galloping for Assmussen at Oaklawn. they talked to him about his website and he was careful how he answered questions especially when they talked about the kinds of people who were on the site. It made me laugh. Also he mention he's got some stuff on Facebook and has gotten alot of interest there too.
    I never realized that there was that many nuts out there.

12. JenR

JenR Formerly Underworld Queen

Well, if I was him I'd be asking for combat pay :D
    There's attention from the crowds, and then there's this three ring circus ::)

13. glf01

glf01 New Member

That is part of his job to handle things whether they are good or bad. When you make what he does you could handle the crowds. I'm sure he gets at least 95.00 a day and I'm probably to low it's probably more like 125.00

14. burRobbit

burRobbit Senile Member

15. photofinish

16. burRobbit

burRobbit Senile Member