No More Lazy Ladies Club

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by Brilliance, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Brilliance

Brilliance New Member

OK Its monday i started my diet and so far I havent cheated!

Anyone else with me?? :nana:

2. KS QUARTERS

KS QUARTERS New Member

Yep me too go us!!! :nana:

3. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

I'm with you-

I started a few weeks ago, down 9lbs. so far

Just hope I don't hit a plateau, thats usually when I give up

4. CBaut

CBaut New Member

I've been faithfully running five days a week and doing pilates two nights a week for about 3 weeks. Haven't lost ANYTHING!!! :'( Not a pound, not a 1/2 of pound...I'm way discouraged.

5. Angellou

Angellou Senior Member

You are probably close to your goal weight.

6. Roherynn

Roherynn New Member

I'll be in!

I just lost a lot of weight after being sick for a week, and I am definitely going to try hard to keep it off. What is helping is that I have absolutely no craving for sweets after getting the flu....I'm thinking it will help me :D

7. Brilliance

Brilliance New Member

w00t Atta gals!!! I knew I wasnt the only one who needed a little cattle prodding.

8. Buffy

Buffy New Member

My goal is to tone up what little Mr. Colton left me with :-
    I've been doing 50 crunches in the am and 50 in the pm. Trying to alternate sides too so I don't get left with love handles ;)
    But having pneumonia right now and NO appetite may help a little bit too.

9. CBaut

CBaut New Member

20 lbs. ???

10. desederada

desederada New Member

CBaut I rode my bike 3-10 miles a day all summer, watched what I eat and lost NOTHING.

11. CBaut

CBaut New Member

So you feel my pain. Totally discouraging, isn't it?

12. Angellou

Angellou Senior Member

Maybe you could have your Thyroid checked. I had to go on meds because mine stopped producing and my metabolism was really slow so when I would work out and eat less I was still not losing weight just like you

13. AppyGSP

AppyGSP Senior Member

I know it takes a couple weeks to see results at the beginning.

My goal is to lose 30# by July, I've lost a few so far but need to be more consistent with working out...

14. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

I've complained to my dr. about not losing weight even though I was exercising and dieting---- You are building muscle ladies which definitely weighs more then the fat.

Take a deep breath and have your total body fat percentage checked.

I wish I had that problem, I wish I could make my body exercise as much as you are----- pilates, riding a bike----I would keel over!

15. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

You have to have your base line measurements to start with.
    Often women do not lose much (sometimes any) weight at first. But, they are toning up, and losing inches.
    You can not live by the scale alone.

16. AppyGSP

AppyGSP Senior Member

E.T. is right....pay more attention to how your clothes are fitting instead of the scale. You can drive yourself nuts if you keep weighing yourself.

17. CBaut

CBaut New Member

Ummm, yeah, wellllll, my clothes fit the same. :-

18. kats

kats New Member

My goal is to get my butt moving and eat better. So far not too bad, but I refuse to give up all things that are good for you, so it will definately take me awhile to lose it.

19. Brilliance

Brilliance New Member

OK so I did great all day long at work . . .came home and snagged 2 peices of licorice BAD BAD BAD . . .ohh well I will get over it

20. whoaboy

whoaboy Senior Member

Started back to running again and am on week 3 of 3 miles and trying to increase the pace every few days (4 -5 days per week) Did not weigh myself to begin with, would have pushed me into deep depression but suffice to say the pants were awful tight! I did get on the scale this weekend and so I know how many pounds I want to loose. I will probably only weigh 2-3 x per week, I hate the every day thing because I can go up or down a few pounds over freakin night! I am trying to "watch" what I eat, no particual diet and I cheated today and had some M&M's at work. But hey, no lunch and only oatmeal for breakfast, that ought to balance out! Let me say running was never easy, still isn't and never will be. You may get better, faster and it may get easier as time goes on but it is never "easy". (if it is, you ain't trying hard enough)