Obama & the unions

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by Jen, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Jen

Jen New Member

Obama & the unions

The union boys lined up to vote for Obama.

How did Obama repay them you ask?

Oh, he didn't repay the rank and file, Obama repayed the Union Bosses. You know, the guys who herded the membership to vote en masse for Obama.

Here's what the average union guy got out of the deal:

Obama will Implement 'Card Check' in the Workplace.

The unions helped elect Obama and expect some payback. The union bosses are demanding approval of the Employee Free Choice Act, which, naturally, being a government program, seeks to take away workers' free choice. The act would eliminate the confidential balloting in which workers now determine whether they want to be unionized. Even former Democratic presidential candidate George McGovern warns that the measure could deny "freedom to many Americans."

Get it?

The union bosses and employers get to CHECK the way you vote on union issues!

Of course, since the union bosses are SUPER HONEST people, this won't have any affect on your job if you don't vote the way THEY want you to vote, right?

Oh, this is fun to watch!

The union boys who voted for Obama screwed themselves! Yee Haw!

2. syndiego

syndiego New Member

Re: Obama & the unions

There was an article the other day how "upset" they also were with Winnie the Pooh, because he wasn't taking a position on the EFCA - hadn't made up his mind yet (or was distracted with other things).

My union hubby didn't vote for Barry, I was proud of him (or maybe the constant threats from me wore him down >:D). This, in spite of a constant onslaught of phone message / mail propaganda from the "brotherhood".

3. BUC

BUC Administrator

My union and very Democratic BF went against the flow and did not vote for the man that walks on water either.

4. Jen

Jen New Member

Your BF is a democrat?

Now thats funny, I dont care who you are.

5. Buffy

Buffy New Member

AND her kid. Poor BUCcie-Poo is surrounded!!! :laugh:

6. BUC

BUC Administrator

We don't talk politics with each other to much...he goes by what he hears on the radio on the drive to work and back ::) and I can get in Rush mode pretty easy and start spouting some shit with statistics and his head spins. He doesn't stand a chance so basically we leave it alone.

But we do always take separate vehicles to go vote, never together. We had an incident 13 years ago that was not pretty and left one of us walking back home from the voting booth ;D No now we don't even chance it :D

LOL Buffy, I think politics is why the kid moved out as soon as he got old enough :D

7. Michele

Michele New Member

I heard on the radio today that "The chosen one" is for free trade with Canada and Mexico too. Oh yes we can definately compete with Mexicans making 2 dollars an hour and no benefits. No problem! I don't get why these damn politicians don't realize that part of our economy's problem is outsourcing and to add to that immigration is at a crazy rate too taking jobs that we could use.

My good friend's son has had straight A's all through elementary school and high school (Went to Catholic private schools) He was the valectorian) cream of the crop right? All of his life he has wanted to be a physician. He has not been accepted into one medical school. Guess what, many foreign students were taken instead. I just don't get it.

Economic stimulus plans, my ass, just give our kids the opportunities to go to school, or get a job and make a decent living without competing with third world countries or foreign students that get their education paid for by us.

Someone please enlighten me!!!

8. JenR

JenR Formerly Underworld Queen

The state universities get grant money dependent upon their recruiting of foreign and affirmative action students. If you've ever spoken with the department chairs and tenured profs of an average university you would know just how leftist and divorced from reality many of them are -- they HATE America, they HATE most Americans (unless you can claim some sort of "victimhood", which white males cannot); they don't want them there at all (white males that is -- which is ironic, considering what some of them are); there are still some sane ones left, but that number gets smaller every day) -- his best best is a semi-private or private college or, yep, join the military and then the state universities have to take you at least up until grad school (where he's got to compete with the foreigners again).

Even if he gets in he'll be last in line for many grants, awards, etc. -- you have to nominate students for those (usually the faculty does so), in the 12+ years I worked at the collegiate level I never once saw a white male student nominated, even if his GPA and extracurricular activity was much superior.

9. Mass

Mass Senior Member and Masscaster

It always seemed kind of pointless, when I was married to my Democrat husband. Every 4 years we'd vote for a President and cancel out each other's vote. :D

10. syndiego

syndiego New Member

No, Mass, not pointless at all. If you hadn't voted, that would have been one for the other team.
    My DH and I always end up getting in a game of chicken. "I won't vote if you don't vote", then both end up succumbing to our civic duty

11. JenR

conjugal bliss = being married to a person with similar political views ;D

12. Mass

Mass Senior Member and Masscaster

Personal bliss= not being married at all. :D

13. JenR

Hey, I happen to like mine -- he makes up for his crumpy, pita moments in other ways!

14. Jen

Jen New Member

My SO was my long hair, hard partying bad boy that I turned into a hard working young republican.

I miss the bad boy but at least he votes correctly now.

15. JenR

Let him give you a spank (a playful one) every once and a while -- keeps the bad boy juices from drying up ;)