Oh my god my house is being invaded!

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by horsefreak, Feb 23, 2009.

1. horsefreak

horsefreak New Member

The guys just showed up to fix the sewer line outside we have been having problems with, the road is blocked off trucks everyplace. Then the furnace guys showed up to power clean all the ducts in the house, the house sounds like it's going to fall down with a l the banging and sucking...and this is a day off?!?!?!

2. horsefreak

horsefreak New Member

Never had ducts cleaned before, in retrospect I wonder if I should have just left all the dirt alone it's all over the place now! I can taste it!

3. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

Ewwwwww..............

I say, you need to go out for dinner! ;D

4. horsefreak

horsefreak New Member

I made dinner already, there is a slight chance there might be some dust in it! But he never complained...

5. miss_santana

miss_santana New Member

This story reminds me of a movie I saw once...
    :angel:

6. MelW

MelW New Member

"the money pit"?
    not you house...just the situation ;D

7. poodlelover

poodlelover Moderator

Had the ducts cleaned once in my old house. Didn't seem to help at all with the dust - which was why I had it done.

Good luck with the dust free food!!

8. horsefreak

horsefreak New Member

I had it done as a perk for working for a hvac company, or I don't know if I would have every thought of doing it. But now that I saw them pull out enoug hair to cover 6 dogs and 7 cats, I guess I'm glad I did. Next time I will actually make an appointment not say just come buy because they were out this way, and I will make sure I'm not home!!! I feel like I have been riding in a dusty area all day. I had to vacume, dust and sweep...

9. HFSH

HFSH New Member

really they stir up that much dust? I though the idea was NOT to stir up that sort of mess?

10. ihave3

ihave3 New Member

Would this movie be rated X >:D.

11. horsefreak

horsefreak New Member

My house is very old, the deed says built in 1890 and it's two houses put together. I don't know if the other half is any newer! When the people that do work for us come up with weird shit, I simply say " I don't know if you noticed it or not, but this house is NOT new construction!"