Owww

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by Willie76, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Willie76

Willie76 New Member

So yesterday I stretched my back out and popped something low. Didn't sleep at all last night and today can barely move. Went to the chiro today. They took about 100 x-rays. I can't full extend my right leg and just hurt standing there. ugghghhghea;kjfa;lkejf;aljk I HATE back injuries.

On a side note, I'm watching wife swap, and this is a good one. lol

2. Buffy

Buffy New Member

Oooooooooooooooooooooooh... I feel your pain. Literally.

3. Willie76

Willie76 New Member

Chiro says I have no motion in my S.I., I had slowed/delayed reflexes in my right knee, my left leg is an inch shorter than my right, he says he can tell I have constant pain in my upper back/shoulder.....12 x-rays or so later, and I have to go back tomorrow morning again. He did give me Valerian Root supplement, that actually makes me feel a lot better, looser.

4. Shelley

Shelley Senior Member

Maybe you need a MRI?

5. cherokee

cherokee New Member

If one leg is longer than the other then it could mean what ever problem you are having
    with your back has also affected your hip.

I always know when I am off as my right leg looses any where from an inch to two inches.
    Wich is not uncommon seeing how from L-1 upward my spine is tilted to the left,
    L-4 and L-5 are angled to the right and rotated forward, my right hip doesn't know
    if it should follow the tip of the spine or the angle of L-4 and 5 thus it moves around
    alot.

6. 4TsFarm

4TsFarm New Member

oh boy.... I have ruptured a disc in much the same way! I really wasnt doing ANYTHING! But they said I had really injured it earlier and it just decided that was a good time to further rupture. I hope not for your sake.

MRI is the best way to find the problem, regular xrays will not show a ruptured disc. Good Luck and I hope you feel better soon and THAT I AM WRONG and its only a muscle strain!

Ibuprofin and rest...........................

7. ihave3

ihave3 New Member

I herniated a disk that laid in a shift I had in my vertebra. It could never heal had to have a fusion and a cage put in where the disk was. The MRI found it right away. Hope it isn't anything to serious. I feel for ya since I have had some really bad back pain.

8. Willie76

Willie76 New Member

Definitely have a bulging disc. Also have some curvature to the spine. One vertebrae is tilted consistently to the left. After I got adjusted, I got all 1" back in my left leg. :) I'm in less pain today in the one spot, but more sore all over where my back has been tight the past two. Chiro every day this week. Joooooyyyyous.

9. 4TsFarm

4TsFarm New Member

That sucks! But glad you know whats wrong and can take care of yourself! Please do not do anything to further rupture the darn thing! Hang in there and hope you feel 100% better soon. Been there, done that, dont wanna go there again!

10. cherokee

cherokee New Member

Does your chiro specailize in sports medicine? Has he done any kind of therapy with you
    other than just adjusting you? If not ask him about therapy?
    he should give you some stretching exsercise's.

Mine gave me a bunch of them to do and I do them faithfully every morning and night
    it has helped me alot and has also helped to strengthen the lower back muscles that
    I damaged so badly.

Good luck with all this.

11. Willie76

Willie76 New Member

He said for the first week we're going to concentrate on eliminating the pain. Next week we'll start doing strengthening exercise to balance out my back muscles. He doesn't feel like my muscles are ready for any sort of work right now. :)