Panacur Powerpack

Discussion in 'Ask The (wannabe) Vets & Farriers' started by Imzadi, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Imzadi

Imzadi New Member

Does anyone here use Panacur powerpack on a yearly basis?

2. sunset003

sunset003 New Member

We always use them when we bring a new horse into the herd. Takes care of EVERYTHING! Then we do the 6 week rotation.

3. paige

paige New Member

I use it only on an as-needed basis--and it always does the trick I have one that is on the rehabbing program and I was out of panacur when I brought her in, so I just gave her ivomec----in a month or so I will do the panacur if she is still poor looking

4. photofinish

photofinish Senior Member

I like them, especially when I get a new horse in. I have discovered that the Panacur is $8.60/tube at the feed store here. So, I can buy 5 tubes, write the day on the bottom of the tube and have a Powerpack for just about $45 with tax, instead of buying them in the pretty box for $65!

5. glf01

glf01 New Member

The powerpak is great when you got a horse that is not responding to your current feeding program and is not looking just right. The panacur powerpak is a double dose of the regular tube of panacur, so you would need to buy 10 normal size doses it's just easier to buy the powerpak box. Do a search for the best price.

6. photofinish

photofinish Senior Member

Really? The tubes they sell here are the big ones and read the same %-wise as the Power Pack box. They are BIG tubes, though, niot the little ones.

7. syndiego

syndiego New Member

The Power Pak tubes are 57 grams, the single dose tubes are 25 grams. This is what you need to look at, not the percentage, which is the concentration.

8. desederada

desederada New Member

Yep, really ;)