Part time temporary job

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by snaffle, Feb 4, 2009.

1. snaffle

snaffle Guest

The census bureau is taking applications for part time jobs this spring.
    You can basically set your own hours and days off.

It should last about 8 weeks in april and may.
    pays $13 per hour and 58 cents per mile because you will be driving your own car, to check out maps showing your area.
    You will drive around, checking the maps and marking houses that are not on the maps.

You do not have to work every day.

There will be a test conducted in a town near you. Everyone has to take a test before they can be hired.

There is also a one week training session that you will be paid for.

http://2010.census.gov/2010censusjobs/index.php

2. poodlelover

poodlelover Moderator

I was just looking at that site last night. There's also a practice test you can download. Pretty basic stuff.

3. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

Sounds like a good opportunity. Wonder how many per area they will hire? I have to go look at that website---

4. desederada

desederada New Member

Sounds like good opportunity to get shot around here :-

5. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

I think that could happen in alot of areas----can you imagine having to do the west side or Little Village on 26th Street (Chicago)? yikes, body armour needed.

6. Shell

Shell New Member

I went through the training and taking the test, way back when. I lived in Streamwood and they gave me a route that was in Hanover Pk...in the hispanic neighborhood. Cars in the street on cinder blocks, area known for gangs and shootings, multiple families living under one roof, and back then.. them thinking the census had to do with immigration.

I quit when they wouldn't give me a different route.