passing time watching Netflix

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by Shelley, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Shelley

Shelley Senior Member

I have been without power for over 24 hours now. Living on a generator for heat and essentials like internet and tv. I'm catching up on some Netflix on-line movie watching and just watched Teeth. A weird movie about a gal who has teeth in her vagina. I wonder what other strange stuff I can find to watch. :D

I am also trying to do some educational stuff like Turning Points in the Physical Sciences and Michelangelo & the Sistine Chapel documentaries. I'm going a bit stir crazy here.

I need to check pasture fence for downed trees but don't really want to know how much fence repair I have ahead of me.

2. Buffy

Buffy New Member

OMFG!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I hope my keyboard isn't broken from the water I just spewed from my nose!

3. BUC

BUC Administrator

LOL. I think I might skip that movie :eek: But I've been on the couch Netflixing it all day too. I love the never ending supply of movies on demand :)

Shelly, do you have your computer hooked up to your TV? I did that a few months ago and not only did it increase the movie experience I now surf MWH for a 63" monitor ;D

4. desederada

desederada New Member

What's Netflix? I remember seeing it but am not familiar with it. We've been watching lots of stuff on HULU, it's free.

5. BUC

BUC Administrator

netflix.com

They send you DVD's in the mail. If your on their 3 at a time plan, I think it's $16.99 a month, you have unlimited DVD's plus they have like 16,000 movies you can watch instant too.

6. desederada

desederada New Member

I just can barely sit long enough to watch a movie. We own hundreds of them and my son and husband have watched them all atleast 10 times ::)

7. lori

lori New Member

I just watched (on Netflix online) Who the #$?%@ is Jackson Polluck? Very charming documentary!

Also watched The World According to Garp - with Robin Williams, Glen Close, John Lithgow... EXCELLENT!

8. BUC

BUC Administrator

Today I watched:

Frank
    Rich Mans Wife
    The Ice Storm
    Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
    Ransom

;D

9. desederada

desederada New Member

I couldn't watch that many movies in a month :D

10. BUC

BUC Administrator

You could if you were dying of some mysterious unknown ailment :D

11. desederada

desederada New Member

And it was freezing freakin cold outside :nana:

12. Shelley

Shelley Senior Member

I want to hook the puter up to the TV but don't know how. I'm sure I just need a special cable but have no clue what to get. Maybe Radio Shack will know? I have a Compaq laptop I'm watching on. I love using the ear buds. For some reason the little speakers aren't loud enough for watching Netflix movies.

I finally got power back. Took a hot shower and feel human again. Here I whine about no power for 24 hours and there are people going on day 5 or 6 without. I'm a wimp.

Today I watched Turning Points in Physical Science 1-5 and Teeth. Yesterday I watched 3 things, one was a documentary on chronic fatigue syndrome, a documentary called Girl 27 and I can't remember the third one. I'm usually not good at sitting still but these past two days I've gotten better at it.

13. desederada

desederada New Member

I can watch documentaries and I really like those crime related shows but I've never been one to sit and watch a movie. I can't get interested much in fiction books either but love non-fiction.

14. BUC

BUC Administrator

I love the documentries.

15. desederada

desederada New Member

I make my kid watch them for homeschool :D