People are so full of shit

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by desederada, Feb 22, 2009.

1. desederada

desederada New Member

So we pick up this 2 year old TB yesterday to begin breaking him. Get him loaded and the owner who can't stop telling us what a wonderful successful trainer she is and was. blah blah blah She's going on telling us how he won't be any problem because all the babies she raises are just easy. I'm not doubting he'll be easy he hasn't been abused or anything. Oh, did I mention he's NOT halter broke and he's the only horse she has. Then she proceeds to tell us that she wants his feet painted everyday and he needs trimmed. Hubby tells her well by the looks of it you can't even pick them up and at this point I do know WHAT I can do with them. Seriously check this guys feet out and can you believe she has the balls to start giving out orders on how to care for his feet ::) I had just planned on photographing them so we would have a record of how they looked but my batteries were dead so I shot a little video. How much you wanna bet when we send him home in a month instead of the 3 months that he's suppose to stay because his feet are going to be too fucked up to go on with him that she's blaming us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LGWe9VytC0 Please excuse my bad video skills but we were having difficulties ;D

2. syndiego

syndiego New Member

WTF. Horse people are insane.

3. Imzadi

Imzadi New Member

His feet are horrible! Good thing you took a video. I would also send a letter through certified mail, with pictures of how bad they are before the first trim. Warning her that he might have soundness issues ::). Poor guy!

4. Shell

Shell New Member

The owner sounds like a know-it-all and future trouble.

I'm curious what your going to do with this horse. Based on the owner, I'd return it.

5. desederada

desederada New Member

That WAS our first thought but we are going to teach him to lead, see if we can start picking up his feet and work on preparing him for saddle first. After the first 30 days I can't imagine that we would be able to go on with him until the feet have time to get fixed and I would think that could be months from now if not longer. After we send him home it'll be out of our hands and hair ;) and she'll have to figure out how she's going to address it.

6. JenR

JenR Formerly Underworld Queen

"People are so full of shit" -- no shit!

7. desederada

desederada New Member

For all you out there aspiring to be a horse trainer believe me these types of people are the ones you deal with most often. So when ya'll are coming down on me for my attitude just look at that horse ::)

8. Shell

Shell New Member

I never thought you have an attitude. Only certain people :D, plus they probably know you a lot better :)

anyways, you don't think the owner will try to blame you on how the hooves look after being returned? That's what I'd be worried about.

9. desederada

desederada New Member

My husband came right out and told her "They are fucked up I don't even know what to do with those feet" So she's been forwarned ;)

10. burgie

burgie New Member

"The only shoes he'll be wearing are house slippers."

Awesome. ;D

11. thmblina1

thmblina1 New Member

OMFG...I can't believe those feet. Poor guy! Glad you are going to help him out Des. It isn't the horses fault who they end up with!

12. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

I completely agree with both of you Des, those feet are thoroughly fucked up!

You are not going to be able to do much with him until they get more then a few corrective trims.

Have fun, be REAL careful and dump him after 30 days~
    She sounds like the type that will either be stopping by or on the phone to see her baby too.

13. horsefreak

horsefreak New Member

all I can say is... WOW

14. MelW

MelW New Member

so...what color are you going to paint those claws?

15. desederada

desederada New Member

They sort of remind me of camel feet ;D
    [​IMG]

16. desederada

desederada New Member

I'm not even sure what you have to do. First you would need to wack off some of the flipper but as far as getting him back up on his feet.... ??? He really doesn't have much to cut off.

Don't you love the ones that go on and on about how much they love their baby and then see something like this. She has absolutely no excuse for the horse being like this.

17. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

They are always the ones that think their babies are perfect

18. Trailrider

Trailrider New Member

:eek: Neglect and [email protected]$$(trainer-great halter breaking(wouldn't lead outa stall).That poor horse does she not realize NO HOOF NO HORSE????Neglect still at least hes been feed and halter broke????How can that horse walk.Poor poor horse.Will be months(trimming into proper shape corrective)before horse can be ready to work/train his feet are hurting I'm sure.
    Ya know she'll try and put blame on someone else.Glad you took video,always gota cover your self when your dealing with this shit.

19. JenR

JenR Formerly Underworld Queen

Either a baby doll pink or go for the maxed out ghetto nails.