pic in avatar

Discussion in 'Forum Support and Announcements' started by LetsRide, Jan 30, 2009.

1. LetsRide

LetsRide New Member

I can't seem to get any pic either from photobucket or my own personal dowloads to show. Help please.

2. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

Check the size, if they are too bit they will not load!

3. LetsRide

LetsRide New Member

not even my photobucket?

never mind i figured it out, thanks.

4. Shadow

Shadow New Member

:( I can't seem to change my pix in my avatar either...and I am clueless as to why ?????

5. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

Shadow, what is the error message you are getting?

6. BUC

BUC Administrator

Even if you're using photobucket, your picture needs to be under 700x700 to use it on the forum. If you're taking pictures at high pixels that might be the problem :)

7. Shadow

Shadow New Member

it says: The attachments upload directory is not writeable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved.

8. Shadow

Shadow New Member

Any ideas ??????

9. BUC

BUC Administrator

Shadow, do you want to email me the pic at [email protected] or if it's a photobucket post the link here and I'll do it for you?

10. Shadow

Shadow New Member

I can do that...but it was working the other day..I changed the avatar on Wed or Thurs. and now it won't let me...I was just wondering WTF ???
    it isn't all that important really..it is just a new trick I learned and have been taking avantage of it.. LOL

11. BUC

BUC Administrator

LOL. I"m still getting used to the new host. The control panel for the forum is completly different now. There's probably something I need to change, but I need some time to get used to it. So in the mean time I'll be happy to do it for you :)

12. Shadow

Shadow New Member

Not to worry...I was just wondering WTF...I can keep the one I got..If and when you figure it out just lest us know... :p

13. BUC

BUC Administrator

Ok Shadow, should be working now :)

14. Shadow

Shadow New Member

WAHOO...it's working...THANKS BUC. You Rock...I don't care what anyone else says.... :eek:

15. BUC

BUC Administrator

:D ;D :D

Actually thank the programmer :-[ I couldn't figure it out! He fixed a bunch of stuff for us this morning :)