Pictures of Kitten found in my hay feeder (caution kinda graphic)

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by HorseFarm, Jan 17, 2009.

1. HorseFarm

HorseFarm New Member

Yesterday in the freezing cold, I found this almost dead kitten buried in the hay in the feeder. I actually thought it was gone, but when I picked him up he moved just a little bit. He had oozing coming out all over his side that was frozen to him. I laid him in my truck, while I finished up chores, then hauled him into the vet where I work. I don't know where he came from, but the vet said it looked like he got attacked by a raccoon and was full of puncture wounds. The infection had started to eat at the muscle in his shoulder, but he is using his leg. They guesstamate the injury or attack was about 2 weeks ago. He was in surgery for over an hour cleaning out his wounds, to put the drain in so that we can keep flushing the inside of the wound out. Right now it is still touch n go for the little guy, who is somewhere between 4 & 6 months of age.

When he is strong enough to go home he will be put up for adoption to help cover some of his medical expenses.

He has a sweet face.
    [​IMG]

Here is the area of the majority of the punctures, and where they put the drain into him.
    [​IMG]

Here he is getting SQ fluids, and enjoying some attention.
    [​IMG]

Here he is resting against a nice warm water bottle in a safe warm bed.
    [​IMG]

I will post pictures of his progress.

2. AKPonygirl

AKPonygirl New Member

aaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwww poor baby!!!!!! damn I am sure he is super happy that you found him :)

3. Pixin

Pixin New Member

What a lucky kitty to be found by you. I cant believe that he made it that long out in the cold.

4. Poor little guy. He looks alot like one of our barn kittens. Prayers for him that he recovers and gets a warm lap (and person) of his very own.
    Thank you for saving him.

5. 4horses

4horses New Member

Aww what a cute little guy. Thanks so much for saving him. Healing vibes!! :angel:

6. Shell

Shell New Member

I hope this little guy pulls through. Healing wishes being sent!
    Thank you for taking him in to get the care he needs :)

7. BUC

BUC Administrator

What a little doll. I'm so glad he found you :) Healing vibes for Frosty :)

8. poodlelover

poodlelover Moderator

What a sweet little face he has! So happy you found him in time and I'm sure he is too! ^.^.^

9. Angien

Angien New Member

Poor guy!
    I hope he pulls through!

10. 4TsFarm

4TsFarm New Member

He looks alot my fav barn kitty some arsewiped dumped here a few winters ago..... we love our guy he is the sweetest thing. Hope your kitty pulls through and so glad that you found him!!! He is a lucky kitty!

11. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

Awww Poor Kitty.

You did Good! *!*!*!*

Good Luck!

12. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

Good wishes for the kitty!

He is very lucky you are the one that found him~

13. horsefreak

horsefreak New Member

Oh poor kitty, glad you saved her.

She looks like he's a good candidate for the next Nip Tuck episode.

14. JZ

JZ New Member

Oh, what a pretty boy he will be! pulling for him to get strong quickly!

15. HorseFarm

HorseFarm New Member

Kitty is getting stronger, today was the last of his SQ fluids. As he has developed an appetite and drinking water. He still isn't out of the woods, but he is on the mend. I will post more pictures of him this week as he gets stronger.

16. Angellou

Angellou Senior Member

Bless you for helping him