poor kitten

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by JZ, Feb 7, 2009.

1. JZ

JZ New Member

So, it seems someone dumped a kitten on the road in front of our barn. We were coming back to turn the heater back on for the kitties in the feed room, and saw a pair of glowy eyes on the road by our farm drive. Thought it would be a raccoon or something, but as we got closer, we could see it was a black and white kitten, probably 4-5 months old. I hopped out of the truck and ran over to it, and it just waited to be picked up, completely tame.

Bad news is, it's leg is more than likely broken, with a small tear in the skin. Other than not wanting to put weight on it, the kitten doesn't seem overly stressed. I put it in a crate with food and water--it was very hungry and dove right into the food, growling when another cat came up to check him out. :(

I'll take him into the vet to see what they can do about patching him up.

Even hubby felt bad for him...he's getting soft ;)

2. AKPonygirl

AKPonygirl New Member

aww poor kitten :'( I am a HUGE sucker for cats n kittens..

3. poodlelover

poodlelover Moderator

Poor kitty! Lucky she found you!

Doesn't it seem like the a-holes seem to know where all us saps live??

4. JZ

JZ New Member

Yeah I suppose they do know where we live...

better that the person would have just brought the kitty up to me and said "here I can't keep it" than dump it on the road.

5. lori

lori New Member

Uhm, JZ, you are supposed to be an animal abuser. WTF are you doing being nice to a hurt kitten?

6. JZ

JZ New Member

LOL--how about it!

7. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

I was thinking the same thing Lori!

Thanks goodness you found her! Can you imagine how much it was suffering?........Thank you for being such a softie! ^.^.^

8. JZ

JZ New Member

Yeah, poor thing was just wandering around up on the road, which is a 55 mph country road. Wouldn't have taken long for her to be hit again.

She (or he) still has a good appetite this morning, though I'll take the food away later today, anticipating possible surgery tomorrow.

Super tame, friendly kitten, who was clearly a pet. :(

9. BUC

BUC Administrator

:( How sad. Glad she found you JZ. There going to be calling you the crazy cat lady before long (or have we already given you that title ;D)

10. JZ

JZ New Member

lol, I like the more "PC" version, kittyholic! :D