RAIN..... :(

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by Shadow, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Shadow

Shadow New Member

RAIN RAIN GO AWAY...............HOLY CRAP !!! I got MUD coming outta my ears. Started pouring around 10:00pm last night and it ain't hardly let up since..the creek has left it's banks, the middle pasture is under water a good 6 inches, the alleyway to the back is a raging river..and to top it off the pond is just a couple inches from going over the bank..the over flow cannot take on the volume. THANK GOD my barn is on top the hill w/ the house..I see serious flooding issues happening all over the place..at least in my "neck of the woods"...anybody else soaked to the bone..?

2. AppyGSP

AppyGSP Senior Member

I'm actually HOPING that the cold comes soon so the mud freezes.

Love your signature....so true!

3. snaffle

snaffle Guest

It takes 7 inches of snow...
    to equal one inch of rain.

snow... or rain...??

rain .... or snow ??

4. syndiego

syndiego New Member

And how many inches of mud per inch of rain? I think the 7:1 ratio applies there also. I hate mud. I'd take snow and 20 degrees any day.

5. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

nope glorious mud!!! I would rather have the mud~

I want minimum of 50 and green grass.

We eliminated most of our drainage problems last year---- this year we have a flowing river starting at the front edge of the driveway and it runs down the entire length and out into the back pasture and into the corn field.

I have now found the low spots that need work but otherwise we are doing fine. Buildings are dry not like 2 yrs ago when the horses were standing in 6" of water. Took alot of aglime and bobcat work but it worked out just fine

6. paige

paige New Member

It is bad here too--it sounds like the roof is about to come off my building, and when I went out to the parking lot, the water was over my ankles, no matter how careful I was.

The farm is completely underwater--so gross

7. AppyGSP

AppyGSP Senior Member

The snow melted so fast that the ground can't keep up!

8. BUC

BUC Administrator

Todays pattern here:

Rain like a mofo

Sunshine, beautiful out

Rain like a mofo

Sunshine, beautiful out

Rain like a mofo

Sunshine, beautiful out

Rain like a mofo

Sunshine, beautiful out

Rain like a mofo

Sunshine, beautiful out

Started raining like a mofo again about 1ish and hasn't stopped since. Wind blowing like hell...nice temps though.

9. Peggy Sue

Peggy Sue New Member

http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii273/Peggysue81569/

I took these pictures when I went out to feed this morning ... the water was withing about 15 feet of my barn and one of my stalls has GROUND water in it ... the edges are dry but the center has standing water in it

10. lori

lori New Member

Go outside again, BUC... it's getting cold(er) here.

11. Shell

Shell New Member

Hurry! someone call Chicago's AC! :D (just kidding ;) )

12. lori

lori New Member

No... it's probably too chilly this evening for any dashing rescues by Chicago AC... maybe if it's back over 40 again tomorrow...

13. pinp

pinp New Member

gross outside... I was too lazy to put a proper pair of shoes on to feed and wore flip flops [I know I know I know]... BIG muddy mistake.

14. Peggy Sue

Peggy Sue New Member

They better bring some wieghs and with them they would get blown away by the wind right now ... I have two pieces of metal gone off the roof off one of my stalls right now ... they are floating in the pond ... hey if I get enough demage maybe the insurance company will total my barn out and I can build a new one ::::: dreaming:::::

15. Ponythief

Ponythief New Member

Some rain here not too bad. Had some wind earlier.
    I have found something worse than mud in my yard.......Mole tracks. :mad: The ground is thawing, I am casually avoiding the muddy areas, going for the grassy areas and bam I drop in about 6 inches, I hate moles! This past fall they have just taken over. I treated for grubs but I don't think it worked.