Sinuses!

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by Tbitt, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

The past two says my eyes have been watering, itchy and sensitive to light. They are watering so much that the corners are getting irritated from wiping them dry. :slapfight:

My nose is running, then clogged, plus it is itchy. :slapfight: :slapfight:

I can't stop sneezing - which squeezes more water from my eyes and nose.......... :slapfight: :slapfight: :slapfight:

My head has so much pressure in it that I feel like my eyes are going to pop. :slapfight: :slapfight: :slapfight: :slapfight:

Thank goodness I am not at work today or they would be teasing me something fierce - we are full of love that way. *!*!*!*

But - My farrier will be here this after noon - I am not safe from teasing from him! :p
    My hubby kept calling me Rudolf last night........ya, I felt the love there too! :th_flipoff: :th_fkr:

I just broke down, dug through the bathroom and found an allergy pill. It says it is non drowsy............who wants to take bets on how long it takes to put me out? :mad: (I am sensitive to meds :'( )

2. Angien

Angien New Member

Two words for you:
    NETTI POT

3. asuits

asuits New Member

One word - MUCINEX

4. Shell

Shell New Member

Anything labled with Loratadine for allergy symtoms. Walgreens has a good selection. Their brand name is Wal-itin.
    I was first prescribed Loratadine by a Dr, then about a year later saw I could buy it over the counter at Walmart cheaper.

5. Angellou

Angellou Senior Member

6. ihave3

ihave3 New Member

My hubby gets terrible sinus's he had them so bad one time he went to the ER the Dr couldn't believe his sinus backed up so bad it messed up his ear drum.

7. Shadow

Shadow New Member

I feel for ya girl...I have had major battles with my sinuses for yrs..even had sinus surgery.( can you say PAINFUL) it all boils down to the fact that I am allergic to everything...especially horses!!! eventually the over the counter stuff just wouldn't do the trick..I ended up taking allergy shots ..2 shots a week, to get it fairly controlable...Good Luck, I hope you feel better..the netti pot is an excellent idea too...flushes out the sinuses of what ever is irritating them...find it at most health food stores.

8. Pixin

Pixin New Member

My cousins kid had so much trouble with his sinus's. He used Afrin like crazy. Then he started having horrid headaches. The doctor thought he had Meningitis and one of the things he mentioned that could cause it was that the nose spray. He said it breaks down some type of barrier with extended use. Also said not to use it for more than three days in a row.
    I got the info third hand, but thought I would put it out there!

9. HALL FARMS

HALL FARMS Insert Title Here

Zyrtec, you can purchase the off brand of it at walmart.

10. WindyKnollFarm

WindyKnollFarm New Member

Claritin D -24 hour- altho without a script, it is hard to get enough from the pharmacy so that you can take one per day as directed.

11. LuvMyArabs

LuvMyArabs New Member

I feel your pain....So much so that I got sick and tired of my allergies and started going for allergy shots :(

12. Shell

Shell New Member

Claritin is Loratadine.
    If Claritin is prescribed and you get it in the generic, you'll be getting Loratadine tablets, which can be bought over the counter.

I am talking about just regular Claritin.

13. AppyGSP

AppyGSP Senior Member

Ditto that, and also a sinus flushing product - the cheap generic ones work.

I have horrendous sinus problems. I take Flonase, Zyrtec-D, AND Mucinex.

Not to sound like a mom, but seriously drink lots of fluids..this thins the mucous. You probably know that being a mommy yourself.

14. horsefreak

horsefreak New Member

i've heard of a lot of people having Sinuse problems this past week. I have allregra that I take when it gets bad, love it!

15. onmy87

onmy87 Formerly QueenFluffBunny

I've been told Afrin and other medicated nasal sprays can become addictive, which is why you aren't supposed to used them more than 3-5 days in a row.

I third the neti pot. Best thing I ever did for my sinus problems. I wash every time after the barn and anytime I'm in a dirty/dusty environment. If it's really bad, I also bring along saline nasal spray to use.