speaking of dental...challenging a claim

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by HFSH, Feb 1, 2009.

1. HFSH

HFSH New Member

So the @ssholes at MetLife dental denied my claim for the onlay I had done in December. :th_flipoff:

My dentist has been on my @ss for THREE years to get the onlay done. He was VERY concerned I would fully fracture the tooth. I had a VERY prominent crack in the tooth, and it was becoming more and more sensitive. He was concerned I would end up with a root canal + full crown if I didn't get the onlay done. So I opted to flex for half the cost last year, and get it done.

So the jerks at the insurance company determined that there was no need for the onlay. :slapfight: :th_flipoff: I want to challenge them. HOW would they know? Three years of xrays showing the crack! WTF?

2. Shelley

Shelley Senior Member

Well, if it hurt how can they say it wasn't necessary? What a crock of shiz. Many times they deny hoping the insured won't fight it. I'd call and ask why the denial? What did they suggest you do about the sensitive tooth?

3. HALL FARMS

HALL FARMS Insert Title Here

Talk with your dentist clinics insurance billing clerk and see if she called the insurance company back about the denial. A lot of times a claim is denied because the insurance company wants supporting paperwork that was not sent to them the first time around.