Stupid

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by lori, Jan 20, 2009.

1. lori

lori New Member

I'm travelling to Beckley, WV on the 13th, making a presentation on the 14th, and heading home that evening. Our administrative assistant was responsible for finding me a hotel. She came in a few minutes ago and asked for my company credit card to make the reservation and she was in a hurry because she kind of needed to do it now. She said there were only 2 hotels that she could find, a Pagoda Inn and a Budget Inn, and she'd heard of the Budget Inn before so she thought that's the one I'd probably want.

Internally, I'm thinking... OK, it's got to be a smallish town and maybe kind of isolated, so maybe that is all they have? So I hand over the card and am like, fine, whatever. I'm really not thrilled but I'm probably the least princess-like of the 4 female sales reps, so whatever. Typical hotels we'd stay in are like Quality/Comfort Inn, Hampton, Marriott, etc.

I'll leave you to google for about 2 seconds. WTF, there are PLENTY of larger, brand name hotels in Beckley, WV. I'm at a loss for how she ONLY found the Pagoda and a Budget Inn? My dad-aged boss absolutely hates seedy hotels, hates the kind with the room doors open to the outside, I'm sure he's fine to cancel that and reserve somewhere else, but ugh, how do you make that kind of a mistake?!

Incidentally, my hotel:
    [​IMG]

All the hotels she could have picked from:

2. Buffy

Buffy New Member

Sounds to me like an asst. needs a crash-course in 'Google' ;)

3. Jen

Jen New Member

I refuse to let anyone handle my travel anymore, I have stayed in shitty crack hotels forther from final destination for more $ than a good mid range.

If she is using your card, book yourself from now on.

4. lori

lori New Member

Yeah, well, see, I lost all credibility with myself when I was trying to be frugal and stayed in a shitty La Quinta in ... Birmingham? No... Omaha, NE? Where the hell was I? It was cold...

I just ... we can't figure out how she manages to be so incompetant? She was hired by the "head" AA without anyone else's approval. ::) Now that head AA is doing most of her work knowing this one can't be trusted with much.

Heh, more tales from the road: She had my boss--with no car--staying about a mile down a 2-lane highway from his ultimate destination. Just getting from hotel to airport was a $50 taxi ride. Definitely his fault too for not just grabbing a car when he found out it cost $50 just to get there from the airport. But still.. this is her job to research this shit!

5. Buffy

Buffy New Member

So you're saying that if *I* were to move down your way, there may be a position available where you work? ;)

6. lori

lori New Member

7. Mass

Mass Senior Member and Masscaster

LOL...I would have gone with this one. :D :D

8. lori

lori New Member

I was complaining and referred to that one as "Honey in the Hole." The person I was talking to about died laughing. C'mon, $30 bucks.

Let's just say I'm glad this is the night before V-day, I don't wanna know about what goes on in the no-tell mo-tel.

As it is, I picked a nicer hotel and told her to fix it. We shall see what drama unfolds tomorrow.

9. AKPonygirl

AKPonygirl New Member

I don't like shady hotels....

I do like to :th_sexemoticon: there tho..