T-36 Hours...

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by BUC, Jan 13, 2009.

1. BUC

BUC Administrator

....Until Deer jerky!!!! Wooo Hooo!

I sliced up a huge deer roast this morning and now it's marinating in the fridge until morning. I LOVE jerky, especially deer!

And a question:

I'm going to have more than my dehydrator can handle in 2 batches and not really enough for 3, so I'm thinking tonight for dinner we'll have deer teriyaki. All I can think of is to put it over a bed of rice....any ideas to spice it up?

2. asuits

asuits New Member

What about over spicy lo mein noodles with some stir fried veggies in there for color?

3. lori

lori New Member

Will you bring me a teeny tiny bite of deer jerky? Like literally, this small of a piece: [ ]

I have never had venison, and didn't think I ever wanted to, but someone got me curious.

Here's a weird chicken dish with teriyaki flavor: Brown chicken breast pieces in skillet, then put it on a greased pyrex pan. Layer with teriyaki sauce then ranch dressing then cheddar cheese, and sprinkle with green onions and bacon. It's really strange, but good (duh, it has cheese on it!). I don't know how deer translates to anything else.

4. BUC

BUC Administrator

It tastes like chicken of course, LOL. And I will bring you a piece [ ] And maybe another [ ] because it'll be like a pringles :)

Alyson....I just happen to have all those ingredients. Sounds yummy.

5. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

Ummmmmm...........why don't you just make another batch and save it for April?!?!?!?!

6. Doneeta

Doneeta Member

Save it? Is that possible?

7. PT

PT New Member

:th_agree:

I KNOW, right?!?!?!?!

8. BUC

BUC Administrator

Beef DEER jerky makes you fart....there aint no way :p

9. PT

PT New Member

That's BEEF jerky, you're bringing VENISON. Problem solved. ;D

10. BUC

BUC Administrator

11. Willie76

Willie76 New Member

I....Love....summer sausage. The thin sticks of it, not the giant ones that can be used as weapons.

12. PT

PT New Member

:th_lies: :th_hater: :th_gas:

13. photofinish

photofinish Senior Member

*sigh* no venison this year. That is isappointing. REAL killervis no elk meat *sob, sniffle*
    Arn's brother in WA finally got the trophy tag he's waited 13 yeasr for. Got his trophy bull, but the bull went into a weird thicket, took the guys 2 days to find him, so no meat - damnit.

I can live with or without jerky. But Deer sausage, elk sausage, elk steaks....none this year... :(

Congrats on yours, though!

14. cherokee

cherokee New Member

Hey Buc

when I get my batches ready and don't have enough to complete that third batch
    I actually slice an apple up I put the jerky on the bottem trays and the apple in the
    top ones thus I get the rest of the batch of jerkey done and I take the apple and
    bag it to either snack on or to dice up to go in cake or muffins. actually I have
    dipped a few of the apple slices in the jerky marinade and dried them they aren't
    too bad that way but it isn't something that I would want to eat all the time.

15. BUC

BUC Administrator

You know, these projects would go a lot smoother if I got stuff together before hand.....

I just KNEW where my dehydrator was, no need to go ahead and dig it out until this morning, right?

WRONG.

Took me a half hour to find it and it involved lot and lots of slamming stuff and cussing.

It's all good now....by 9pm I should have some tasty nibbles :)

16. Morganfan608

Morganfan608 New Member

MMmmmm! Deer jerky is da bomb! Yeah, nuthin' like deer jerky farts.....save 'em for waging war on my sons in the car....tehehehe! BF & I finished the last of our deer sausage sticks yesterday....our bedroom was unseasonably 'warm' last night ;D I have made a stir fry w/veggies out of the left over 1/2 batch and it is quite yummy.