The pilot will speak...

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by snaffle, Jan 17, 2009.

1. snaffle

snaffle Guest

The pilot who skillfully put that plane down in the Hudson saving all those lives..

will speak on Monday to Matt Lauer on the TODAY show

I am sooo lookun' forward to hearing him!

2. cherokee

cherokee New Member

They are saying the co-pilot had the controls when the bird strike happened then the
    pilot took the controls from him and actually planned to set it down in the river and put it down near the ferry boat landings so that there would be a higher chance of rescue.
    What a "Mircle Man". I too can not wait to see this interview. I hope it happens before
    I go to work.

3. snaffle

snaffle Guest

I would assume that there will be a lot of interviews after the initial one.

Dateline... Oprah... etc etc

4. snaffle

snaffle Guest

The airline pilot who was to appear on the TODAY show
    (the man who set the plane down in the HUDSON) has been asked
    not to make any statements on the incident
    until the investigation is completed.

He will be appearing on the TODAY show at a later date for
    his first public interview.

5. Angellou

Angellou Senior Member

That pilot was amazing, but sadly there will probably be lawsuits, even though it was a natural occurrence that took out the engines.

6. Shelley

Shelley Senior Member

Hubby and I talked about this yesterday. I asked if he would take part in any lawsuit had he been a passenger on this plane. He said no. I agree and wouldn't be a part of one or accept monetary compensation except to cover any medical expenses or ruined luggage.

7. STARSKI

STARSKI New Member

No doubt there will be. ::)
    I would just be happy to be alive!

8. cherokee

cherokee New Member

I am looking forward to his interview. and No I wouldn't take part in one unless I wasn't
    compensated for medical expenses or luggage. Maybe not even luggage. I would be happy
    that not only the pilot but the flight crew did their jobs and no life was lost.