Trailer pricing

Discussion in 'The Corral' started by STARSKI, Feb 25, 2009.

1. STARSKI

STARSKI New Member

Is there a sight where you can look up the resale value of a trailer? Like KBB, but for trailers? I think there was already a thread on this but I can't seem to find it. Thanks in advance.

2. jimbob

jimbob New Member

There is really no "blue book" on horse trailers. We get calls here at the dealership (Midway) all the time, from people wanting to know the value of a trailer. Unlike autos, trailers value is determined not so much by year; but by condition, composition (steel, aluminum or composite), and equipment. Some of the top brands of living quarter trailers are listed in NADA, but not enough to get much of an idea of value. Call me at 800 659-4051, if I can help you. JIM TEMPLE MIDWAY TRAILERS

3. Sarah315

Sarah315 Active Member

Jim, are you going to be at the Il horse fair?

4. Trailrider

Trailrider New Member

Go to www.horsetrailerworld.com and compare yours with like(apples to apples) plenty of all brands on that site.Wouldnt take just one dealerships quote either.Used trailers are HOT items right now.

5. Shadow

Shadow New Member

I agree Horse Trailer World is a good place to start..check ads and compare yours to similar trailers..either that or haul it to dealers and ask...

6. jimbob

jimbob New Member

Sarah; we will be at the Illinois Horse Fair with about 25 new trailers. Some of them that are "long in the tooth"; will be a "no reasonable offer refused" priced. Stop and see me, I will be there Friday thru Sunday. We are there to sell trailers; and we definitely are motivated to do so, and cut our inventory down (and our losses).