Valentine's Day Fun, Frolic, and Folly

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by JenR, Feb 14, 2009.

1. JenR

JenR Formerly Underworld Queen

^.^.^

Yep, it's time for the cheesy lingerie, the mass produced red roses, and the gamble chocolates.
    It's also the time for base mercantile pandering to our fear of loneliness and desire for nookie.
    That fave time of year for Cupid, Bitterness Balls, and pimple faced teenagers who are hormonally afflicted.

What are you doing for the infamous V-Day?

I for one am pleasantly suprised by my husband -- his idea: we work on painting a mural together; we started last night (this is going to be a Valentine's Weekend). Now, on one hand all that creativity and creation type stuff is stoking the already perpetually stoked fires within Mr. J (which can be a lot of fun) -- hence the "fun and frolic"; however, on the other hand, our little house is already cluttered enough -- we now have a 3'x4' mural sitting on an easel big enough to hold it sitting in the kitchen, and I'm really freaking messy when I paint, and the toddlers are drawn to the paint, drawn to it like sinners to wickedness. This could turn really ugly before the weekend is over (and I'm not talking about the picture -- although that could get regrettable too; Mr. J has never painted anything but a house before, and he's getting competitive and frustrated -- marital friction ahoy??).
    Oh, and he bought a bouquet of flowers for Adrienne and signed them "from your secret admirer", then told her some boy came by around lunch time and left them on our porch, which was sweet.

Anyway, whatever you all are doing:
    Have a Happy One

2. Buffy

Buffy New Member

Hmmmm... toddlers and paint! Could get interesting and you MUST post pictures!!!

Spending my V-Day with kids this morning. Baby going to daddy's after 1. The eleven year old is going to an overnight party at 3. My best friend and I have been talking about going to the Olive Garden for Valentine's Day for the past 7 years. I think we may actually get around to it tonight! ;D
    Probably spend the day working on my new toy (horse trailer) since it's so sunny outside.

^.^.^Have a happy Valentine's everyone! *!*!*!*

3. Morganfan608

Morganfan608 New Member

'My'perfect day....absolutely no 'plan' >:D.....youngest is w/his Dad, older boys are leaving for work shortly. I'm going to town to get ice & smokes real soon. We may start drinking 'early', not answering the door or the phone, watching the goggle box, making steaks, shrimp, baked potatoes, nice salad, fresh bread and of course after dinner COCKtails! ^.^.^ >:D

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

4. MelW

MelW New Member

wow! i need one of those..not picky I'll take any 1 of them...

5. poodlelover

poodlelover Moderator

I'm a little partial to the guy with the desserts.

6. photofinish

photofinish Senior Member

Umm, yeah, I only made 1/2 way through - those guys were a bit too smarmy for my taste. 10 minutes with one of those and I'd be hanging my head out the window screaming "Freeedoooom!", Braveheart style. :th_bolt:

As to the original topic,we are staying in tonight. Spaghetti night here. May go out for supper tomorrow evening - I don't think I have to drive down the mountain to the barn tomorrow (woohoo). Our last "frolic" is catching a bit a cold since her shots Wed., anyhow...lol

7. JenR

JenR Formerly Underworld Queen

Push fluids to your Frolic and infant's pain relief drops are everyone's friend.
    Our last frolic just got over getting her harpooning last week; at least they made her sleepy so she didn't wake up at 3 like usual :p

(now you know why we're doing a painting instead of racier pursuits for Love Day)

8. Rexy78

Rexy78 New Member

I cleaned the garage. My wife is very happy. ^.^.^

9. miss_santana

miss_santana New Member

My sister had a bunch of family over for a fantastic steak dinner.

So far tonight I've eaten 2 large heart-shaped sugar cookies with pink frosting and 2 heart-shaped brownies. I have it on good authority that calories don't count today, as long as the food is heart-shaped. ::)

10. MelW

MelW New Member

great Vday...watched the sci fi horribly bad horror movie marathon...

11. HALL FARMS

HALL FARMS Insert Title Here

I woke up to a Valentine's Day card, a basket of red tulips, the morning paper, a McDonalds sweet tea, and a dozen donuts.....husband ran to town this morning before I woke up. Then we went out to lunch with several of our family members.

12. Shell

Shell New Member

Friday (the 13th) Mike rented some scarey type movies and ordered a pizza, which after he ate, feel asleep on our new loveseat as I watched Mirrors by myself.

Valentine's Day, we went to Starbuck's, then to the barn, then Walgreen's. Came home and watched Saw 4. Returned the movies, went again to Starbuck's, got chinese food, ate while watching tv (a show he recorded that he feel asleep watching the first time and I watched), he feel asleep and I came here :D

13. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

14. horsefreak

horsefreak New Member

I just watched that too and that's funny!

My head hurts from Valentines day, I killed too many beers. Went to the Brickhouse for dinner in Sandwich and for the second time, food was over cooked and cold, the drinks came to slow, prime rib my friend ordered was great. I may give them one more chance to bring warm good food to the table, if they can't produce that... I'm done with that place. Then we saw a couple comedians at the Timbercreek Lodge in Sandwich, they were freaking hysterical!! I must say that was the best $25.00 per couple we have spent in a long time. We saw Ron White a couple weeks ago and he was really good but $$$$, but these guys really keps us laughing all evening for $.

15. AppyGSP

AppyGSP Senior Member

Had dinner with another couple...