VENTING: Does anyone else have a weekend napping husband/B.F./S.O.?

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by AppyGSP, Jan 19, 2009.

1. AppyGSP

AppyGSP Senior Member

It's annoying! I want to get some housework and/or dishes washed, but he naps on the couch for a couple hours every weekend, and on both days, so I have to be quiet. :-X He refuses to go back to bed and shut the door, so I just watch the idiot box and keep it turned down instead of getting things done...and being winter, I can't go outside and ride just yet. I'm not wanting to deprive him of extra sleep since he works hard all week, and it's nice that HE is quiet for awhile ;) . I just wish he would go to the bedroom to nap instead. GRRRRR! :mad:

2. Buffy

Buffy New Member

No, I've got the husband who can't sit still and gets pissy if *I* want to take a nap! ::)

3. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

Well...................that is a tough one.

If he needs quite, then he really should go to his room and shut the door..........

How bad would it be to start doing little things....trying to be quite..........and if it does disturb him, just nicely say "oh, I'm sorry, I need to get this done, I was trying to be quite". (Which NONE would be a lie!!!!)

Maybe, after being woken a few times he might get the bright idea to go to a quieter room? ;)

It will be all his idea............... ;) ;) ;D

4. AppyGSP

AppyGSP Senior Member

TBitt: I've tried that...he just huffs and gets annoyed. So I make it a joke and tell him to get his ass back to bed. He just laughs it off. I think he likes the low noise of the TV going. Golf is one thing that he likes to have on while he falls asleep, probably because they whisper. ;D

5. JenR

JenR Formerly Underworld Queen

:th_Just_Cuz_03:

Who DOESN'T have one? :D

Men have some genetic coding for sleep -- they love the shit, can't get enough of it.
    Always have an excuse as to why they need/need more of it. And no, you don't get to nap in peace (unless you're really tired -- Mr. J leaves me alone when he realizes I'm about two steps from pulling his sack up through his throat -- make sure they know when to leave you alone, the threat of the sack necktie is a good ploy).

Make him go nappy poo in the bedroom (I never had a tv in the bedroom until Mr. J; I still can't stand it -- but if it gets him to go nappy in there, hey worth it). And only a couple of hours, gotta give him his due, but if there's shit that he needs to do around the house, then again, the sack necktie threat is deployed.

Of course mine knows I will follow through with the threat, so there's half the battle ;)

6. snaffle

snaffle Guest

I dont have a suggestion for you..

I can tell that he feels very comfortable being in the living room.. on the couch..
    with the tv on.. etc etc

it is a compliment to you!!
    YOU have made your home so comfortable, that he can relax.

My husband doesnt get to sit and relax often.. but when he does..
    it is in the living room.. on his recliner... with the tv on to some stewpid sports show..
    and he sleeps through it... ( bedroom is just a few feet away)

7. Margot7

Margot7 New Member

Nope, I don't have one of those and sometimes I wish I did! I instead have the energizer bunny that doesn't understand when the kids and I want to loaf around!!

8. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

I have one of thses too........ :- His daddy was exactly like that - so I have to just put up with it....it isn't going to change......

9. jedders

jedders New Member

yep I have one that sleeps after he gets home from work everyday while I chase the 2 year old and take care of the baby...it pisses me off.

10. BUC

BUC Administrator

Mine is a couch napper. Depends on what's going on how I treat it. If I've had enough of his crap I normally leave him alone, I figure it's quiet, YAY. If I/he is in a pissy mood I bang and clang until either he goes to bed or gets up.

11. AppyGSP

AppyGSP Senior Member

Sleeping while I'm working my ass off is a whole other thread - that would go in The Manure Pile section since there would be cussing involved.

I'm just talking about general housework, nothing that takes hours and hours.

12. Jen

Jen New Member

In 13 years I think S has taken a total of 12 naps on the weekends, all of which were alchohol induced. He isnt one to sit still.

13. LuvMyArabs

LuvMyArabs New Member

Ditto....Send you daughter in there to wake daddy up, tell her to go jump on the bed :)

14. desederada

desederada New Member

Same here.

15. Ponythief

Ponythief New Member

I don't mind the napping its the SNORING that he does. Usually he doesn't nap so if he sits in the recliner and pulls his cap down I run grap a blankie and hit the couch. Then I get MY nap. :)

16. cherokee

cherokee New Member

With all the darn snow we have had I let mine sleep as much as he can. This last
    sunday was a snooze lazy type day for me. I plunked my DVD of comanche moon
    in and watched the entire movie thought it was awsome.
    He napped alot but I didn't say anything he is getting over a bad bad cold and
    needs rest.

17. AppyGSP

AppyGSP Senior Member

I've heard that once someone starts napping, then the body craves it and it becomes a habit....which is exactly why I don't want to start. I doubt that I can anyway, I have WAY too much stuff going on in my thoughts during the day to settle down enough.

What's that saying, "You can sleep when you're dead."

18. Angellou

Angellou Senior Member

I have a terrible habit of falling asleep while watching movies, I rarely see the end.

19. AppyGSP

AppyGSP Senior Member

Me too, so we have to start them at 6:00 pm....since I crash around 8:00 pm.

20. Shell

Shell New Member

We both have the habit of napping.

The only thing that gets me, is when he leaves the tv on in a room he's no longer in, but watching tv in the room he moved to. He has left the tv on in the living room while I'm on the computer in there, he goes to his computer and turns on that tv, then goes into the bedroom and falls asleep watching tv. We live in a 2 bdrm apt, it's not like you can't hear the other tv's still on.