Walmart food

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by burgie, Feb 15, 2009.

1. burgie

burgie New Member

Yeah-I know Walmart stems from the realm of Satan...blah blah blah.
    BUT -the Walmart brand pizza and lasagna is delicious.
    Yummy!
    Had to share/enlighten.

2. lori

lori New Member

Is that the refrigerated or frozen Wal-Mart pizza?

I am WAY too huge of a fan of Sam's Club cafe pizza, which I think is the same as the Wal-Mart refrigerated pizza. $2.58 pizza slice (HUUUGE pizza slice) + drink combo! Love it!

I also like the Wal-Mart brand pepper jack chicken pasta thing--which is like the frozen lasagna but I think you can micro or put it in the oven, I think I usually do a combination.

3. burgie

burgie New Member

refrigerated pizza and lasagna and yummy breadsticks
    it is back in the deli aisle

4. alljackedup

alljackedup New Member

Lori- the pizza is the same HUGE pizza that Sams has. ;D

I LOVE those pizzas!!! The kids would much rather have those than any delivery pizza. Haven't tried the lasagna yet. Might havta try that.

5. Shell

Shell New Member

Walmart's Burbon Chicken is really good! A lot like orange chicken from Panda Express.

6. asuits

asuits New Member

Sam's Choice stuffed Chicken Breast (which I get from Walmart) is really yummy too. They have different flavors like bacon and swiss, cranberry sauce, Pepperjack and Jalapeno, etc...

7. pinp

pinp New Member

the last cheese pizza I had from there didn't taste right.... I LOVE their eggrolls.

8. twistedwiresnaffle

twistedwiresnaffle New Member

I like alot of the SPRAWLMART offerings, the turducken at the holidays is wonderful!

9. alljackedup

alljackedup New Member

What the hell is "turducken"?

10. MelW

MelW New Member

TURDUCKEN= a turkey, stuffed with a duck, stuffed with a chicken...

11. alljackedup

alljackedup New Member

Thanks MelW. I though maybe it was some kinda sarcastic diss to people who shop at Walmart. :slapfight:

12. mrponies

mrponies New Member

Please tell me this is not true. We tried a Wal-Mart "Sam's Deli" pizza a couple of weeks ago...tasted terrible.

We went to Sam's and there pizzas appeared to look different...I was hoping it was! :(

13. alljackedup

alljackedup New Member

We actually conducted a test about a year ago. The kids and I were arguing about this very subject, so hubby popped into sams and bought one of their deli pizzas, and I stopped at Wally World and got one of theirs, and we cooked them both that night, and the kids couldn't tell the difference. Neither could I. I do admit, that the cheese pizza tastes different, but we don't eat just cheese pizzas anyway. The sausage, pepperoni, and meat lovers taste the same.

I have a friend who used to work for Sams, and she said that they are the exact same ingredients, just in different boxes. They do vary the ingredients in some parts of the country though. I believe that Sam's is still owned by WalMart.

Anyway, love that pizza. ;D Going to pop in tonight and try the lasgna. YUM!!!

14. horsefreak

horsefreak New Member

We picked some up at Woodman's that are freaking fantastic, actually drove 20 miles back to get more last week!

15. alljackedup

alljackedup New Member

Is that the place up off of 88 and Orchard?

16. BUC

BUC Administrator

Ok Lori...I'm thinkin we might need to check this pizza stuff out again this week. You know...just to make sure the cheese is OK and all :)

17. lori

lori New Member

Tuesday? Wednesday? Thursday? Friday? I need Nutrigrain bars and frozen PB&J sandwiches. Looooove Sam's Club.

Cheese is different. I think they add extra cheese, maybe the extra cheese is a different kind of cheese, too. It's REALLY rich. For $2.58 pizza + drink, I mean.

18. alljackedup

alljackedup New Member

And for dessert, you def need one of the berry sundaes. They are "da bomb"

19. 4TsFarm

4TsFarm New Member

The lasagna is awesome (my kids prefer it over homemade which doesn't hurt my feelings bec it's a lot of work to make!). Now I gotta stop by and get some stuffed chicken breast and the chicken pasta to try! Woot Woot