Warmer temps mean the vermin are awake and roaming!

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by AppyGSP, Feb 2, 2009.

1. AppyGSP

AppyGSP Senior Member

My husband had to kill another oppossum in my barn....those nasty bastards!!!! Oppossums are not allowed to be alive on our property or I'll shoot them myself! And there's a raccoon who's making his/her rounds too so my barn doors must be kept shut, at least until he gets more ammo. :th_fkr: I trapped and re-homed several raccoons last year, and will have to do it again.

2. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

Boy I'm with you on that! My barns are locked up tight every night.
    My feed rooms are (have been so far) critter proof and the grain is in metal cans with weighted down lids.

Several opposums have ventured onto my property already this spring------My Akita took care of them

The raccoons consistently build a nest in my huge cottonwood, they are going to have a huge surprise soon. The tree is being cut down---rotting and hollow.

I live trap every spring, last year it was 9 coons and 3 groundhogs. (These guys are set free in a state park)
    The ones I see running around are not that lucky.

3. AppyGSP

AppyGSP Senior Member

I use metal cans with lids too, and they've never been able to open them (not weighted down). But I also finally have an old chest freezer that holds 14 bags so that helps alot. A raccoon has even gotten into my horse trailer, must have flattened itself to fit between the bars on a window and broke the screen!

Raccoon babies are so damn cute, but I still don't want them around. Oppossum babies aren't even cute...nasty ass ugly things! They even give my husband the willies.

I trap the raccoons then take them a few miles away to a place where there's woods and a creek. And I'm sure you're careful when you handle the livetrap, they can reach out and grab you! And they growl at ya!!!!