WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by asuits, Feb 17, 2009.

1. asuits

asuits New Member

I'm sick and tired of being fat. I used to be skinny. I used to be cute. I used to have energy. Now I'm lazy and I'm tired all the time.

I let myself become a slacker and now I look in the mirror and I'm disgusted. I need some motivation and someone to keep me on track.

Because of this I have decided to start a challenge. I'm going to steal a name and call it...

[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]The Biggest Loser[/size][/size][/size]​

What: A Weight Loss Competition

Cost: $15 per person

The competition will last for 63 days with a starting date of March 4th and will end May 6th. Anyone wanting to join is welcome.

How it works: I'm going to try this on the honor system. Everyone mails to me $15. I then place that $15 in a separate account. On March 4th those interested in joining should have already given me their $15 and will then inform me of their weigh in weight.

Every Wednesday each person should weigh him/herself and report to me what your weight loss/gain is for the week. You should weigh yourself in the same clothing every week and weigh yourself at the same time of the day.

For those close to me I will be beginning an exercise group on Wednesday nights at 7:00pm for anyone interested in joining. This will not be a high impact group, just something along the line of walk away the pounds. If you are interested in joining I will have a scale available for weighing in at that time.

Those who are just looking for the motivation and group support and do not wish to spend $15 are welcome to join, you just won't win the payout at the end of the competition.

At the end of the competition the winner will be the person who has lost the most weight.

The winner of the competition will receive 90% of the winnings while the person who comes in second will receive 10% of the winnings.

I can be emailed at [email protected] or called at 217-202-4888 for those interested in competing.

2. lori

lori New Member

OK, I will probably be up for doing this with you. Both the challenge and exercise.

3. desederada

desederada New Member

You sound so confident :laugh:

4. Brilliance

Brilliance New Member

I'm in ! I will mail in my $$ before the due date!

5. asuits

asuits New Member

Anyone interested should PM me for my address.

I'm also going to start running on my lunch hour too if you're interested in joining me Lori.

6. asuits

asuits New Member

For those interested, this has been moved to Tuesday nights at 7:30.

7. Angien

Angien New Member

Wish I lived closer to you. I would take you up on this.
    I have been doing everything on my own.

8. JenR

JenR Formerly Underworld Queen

SAme here -- I'm in the same boat and would really like to get the rest of this pregger weight off/blood sugar under control.

Lori, you skinny heifer, shut up! :nana:

9. susiebk

susiebk New Member

OK Asuits....I'm in...can I paypal you?

Susie

10. asuits

asuits New Member

I don't have paypal set up.

You just need to send a check for $15 to

Alyson Suits
    2655 CR 2600 E
    Penfield, IL 61862

And email me your weight in weight by 7:30pm on Tuesday, March 3rd to [email protected]

I will not share your weigh in weight with anyone unless you tell me it's okay.

Then, on Wednesdays I'll send out a mass email stating who is in the lead and how much that person lost.

11. asuits

asuits New Member

This is just a reminder...

THE BIGGEST LOSER begins this coming Tuesday. Those who are wanting to join the exercise group, 7:30 my house. Those not wanting to join the exercise group but wanting to get in on the weight loss challenge should have their $15 to me by Tuesday night.

Lori - if you are wanting to do the exercise group, you can bring your daughter along - she can hang out with the little kids in the house or even work out with us in the garage if she wants to.

12. lori

lori New Member

I ordered shoes. :D I'm finishing up a really busy period this week and then I think I will have time. And then it will be warm enough to ride soon and that will be my #1 exercise.

We also have work out equipment here at work--do you have a lot of people going to your house?

I am kind of tempting to go jogging with you -- are you jogging around downtown Champaign? Can I wear a bag on my head? I don't want anyone to see me run. We used to have a lunchtime jogging group that left from my office, they were fast though. And that's probably a good idea, in this neighborhood.

13. darkhorse

darkhorse New Member

Asuits - I can participate in the challenge even if I'm not in your area, right? If so, I'll pop a check in the mail today.

14. BUC

BUC Administrator

Do you want me to "sticky" this?

15. susiebk

susiebk New Member

asuits-check went in the mail today--I had to actually find my checkbook-VBG....I've been doing the debit thing for the past few months........and my new laptop fits perfectly on my tredmill....so I can surf and walk and hopefully get FIT:)

Susie

16. asuits

asuits New Member

Sure can!

Lori - I know we'll have at least 5 doing the exercise group.

I don't run fast (I'm way too out of shape to run fast!) and I'm running around the park over by where I work at 4:00.

17. Joie

Joie New Member

If I send a check tomorrow or Paypal someone who will be working out in your group can I still join?

This is what happens to me when something gets "stickied". I completely miss it. I am we todd it.

18. asuits

asuits New Member

Joie - you can definitely join. Email me at [email protected] the following details...

First and last name
    Weight

Then you can put a check in the mail to

Alyson Suits
    2655 CR 2600 E
    Penfield, IL 61862

19. asuits

asuits New Member

One last chance...anyone else in? The current money for 1st place is $148.50

20. horsefreak

horsefreak New Member

Oh my god! I went to Boot Camp with a friend at the YMCA in Sandwich this morning and did that open my eyes to how out of shape I am! Today was the mostly running day (I suck at running) they do it at the middle school so each lap includes 4 flights of stairs. I'm going to be dying tomorrow...I think I need to get my workout routine back up and going before I can do it again...Now I have to ride all day :th_sleeping-smiley-015: