What is going on in Lee County?

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by Tbitt, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

I just tried to call Animal control in Dixon, I got a recording that states that all the circuits are busy ???

Plus the county's web site is down............ :eek:

And when I called my Vet's office, in Amboy, the receptionist said that they just had a power outage

So ya.............Lee county is down............ :eek: :eek:

2. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

I just talked to my insurance agent in Paw Paw...............they had a power outage also................ ???

btw - no, none of these calls were realted to eachother............ :eek:

3. Buffy

Buffy New Member

Betcha' it was MY company's fault!

Niesa! Call Rick. Isn't that his territory? An excavator probably hit something while digging :-

4. Morganfan608

Morganfan608 New Member

I don't know what happened ???......phone lines were busy AND the power did go out momentarily.

5. Joie

Joie New Member

It was on the radio. Two transformers went out at ComEd in Dixon. Well, actually, one, and then another...so there were two waves of outages, I guess.

6. NutsEmom

NutsEmom New Member

At the vet clinic we lost power for about 3 minutes over lunch time. It was back on waaayyy too soon!

7. cherokee

cherokee New Member

That happened a week or so across northern Illinois. Two transfer stations went down.
    Outage affected areas close to galena all the way accross to pecatonica. Including
    Freeport. A small portion of the northwest corner of freeport had power the rest of the
    city was down along with the rural towns. Lasted about two and a half hours.