Who Stole My Coffee?!

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by Shell, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Shell

Shell New Member

Starbuck's online offered free samples of their new instant coffee their coming out with.
    So I filled out the info to have mine sent to me. Sample came in the mail yesterday. Matchbook style packaging. A plastic sealing circle was on each side to keep the flap closed.
    But one of the seals was cut, and someone stole the sample in the middle! You get three ... But Still! :mad:
    The samples also have that sticky glue on the back to hold them in place. The glue was still there, so it's not like it was a quick process to just slide the sample out.
    We think it was someone in the postal service between where it came from which is Philli and prior to arriving in Huntley.
    Our mail carrier is really nice, and our post office still has the small town feel, so we highly doubt is was any of them.

I don't like the feeling that someone thought they had the right to tamper with my mail! :mad:

2. Shelley

Shelley Senior Member

At least they didn't steal any money from ya. I always try to look on the bright side of life. :D
    Geeze, it's pretty shitty for someone to stoop so low as to steal a serving of instant coffee. I hope it tastes like shit and they get sick as a dog if they drink it.

3. Shell

Shell New Member

I don't think that's going to happen :( The employees at "our :D" Starbucks said their new instant coffee is really good! Mentioned that it has a really rich taste and they like it better than what they use for their cold press coffee because the instant totally dissolves easily.

Seriously, I'm more pissed that my mail was tampered with.

4. Pixin

Pixin New Member

My coffee was missing too! :mad:

5. Shelley

Shelley Senior Member

I went on-line to see if I could order some of that free shiz. Either it ain't free no more or I'm a total moron.

Well, I was gonna say google is my friend but I actually used the dogpile search engine. Bastads are out of free samples. I'm always a step behind.

6. Shell

Shell New Member

The day I got the email, I applied for the free samples. I told my bf and he said he got the email also, and tried to get the free samples the next morning...they were all out.

I think the stores will have samples to give out. At least we were told by our Starbucks, when they get more in I'll be given some.
    I guess corp just sent some for employees to try and thru the internet for a limited time.

Pixin... you got the free samples too? How many were missing?

7. Pixin

Pixin New Member

The middle one was missing. Big glob of glue still stuck to the package. One sticky thing on the side of the entire package was open. :mad:

Oh and I didnt fill anything out to get them, they just came in the mail. I register my cards and have also gotten a coupon for free oatmeal.

8. Shell

Shell New Member

I got a reply back from my complaint ... which kind of makes me feel like a dumbass :-[
    ********************************************************************************************************************
    Hello Shellie,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the supply of free VIAT Ready Brew samples. The sample pack only had two samples in it, an Italian Roast and a Columbia, which are the only two available at this moment.

Sincerely,
    XXXXX.XXXXX
    Starbucks Customer Relations

**********************************************************************************************************************
    Which makes sense, but why picture 2 Italian Roast and 1 Colombia in the matchbook? For that I don't feel like much of a dumbass :)

The one I got, under my address was a thanks for being a loyal customer. Maybe I would have received it with out appling for it, like you Pixin.
    Mike got one in the mail a couple days ago and under his address it said as a Gold Card member he's one the the first to try the samples. So even though he tried to fill out the form online and they said they were all out, he was on their list to have the samples sent to anyways.

It would be great if I get more since I registered my Gold Card too. But I'm thinking I'm only registered as a loyal customer.

The samples are suppose to be available for customers at Starbuck's as of today..March 3rd

I have to say... I'm Impressed! Their instant coffee is Really Good!
    And since I don't make a pot of coffee for myself, I've been using Folgers and Maxwell House :th_puke: coffee singles (2 bags per cup) for my one cup of coffee a day on the week days ... I'm Glad!!! Starbucks came out with these for a real coffee taste! They remind me of their Americano.
    ok, sometimes I'll ask Mike to bring me home a Starbuck's coffee on his way home from work, so I'll have 2 cups of coffee a day, but it's usually a latte in the evenings ;D

Yes, I'm a Starbucks addict. Mike looks online for all Starbucks locations when we go on the road and programs them into the GPS. I also want a Starbucks patch to put on my leather jacket which I usually just wear while on the bike.

9. Pixin

Pixin New Member

I like the Folgers Coffee bags.
    I really like the Melitta Columbian coffee, and Duncan Donuts coffee. I have been brewing that at home, trying to save some money.
    I usually get the Latte's from Starbucks. mmm..