Who's going to the tack swap at Harding?

Discussion in 'The Corral' started by snaffle, Feb 12, 2009.

1. snaffle

snaffle Guest

It is this sunday..starts at 1:00

I 'll be there..
    who else is going?

2. Chumley01

Chumley01 New Member

Harding? not sure where that is. I have SO much to sell. But I can't miss The Daytona 500!! ;D

3. snaffle

snaffle Guest

Harding is an itty bitty town south east of Earlville..

they don't even have a stop light ;)

Earlville is south east of Mendota

There are never very many vendors there..
    so the few that ARE there.. seem to sell a lot of stuff

4. horsefreak

horsefreak New Member

That would be the IVHA social. We usually go, free beer, good friends...I'm sure we won't miss it. And we have to pay our dues since we missed the winter banquet.

5. ihave3

ihave3 New Member

We will be there we usually just go to socialize and of course food and drinks. I will have to see if I can figure who you guys are and say Hi.

6. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

Since I have sold everything not needed around here and reallllllly don't need to buy anything I should stay home BUT I'll take a ride since it is so close to home.

I'm going to wear a white baseball cap with a shamrock on the front--this way folks know who I am

7. ihave3

ihave3 New Member

Barb you never know you might find something you just can't live without >:D. Either way it will be good to see ya haven't seen you in ages. I will be wearing a orange sweatshirt.

8. snaffle

snaffle Guest

I will be with a group of ladies ...
    at a table.. there will be a tablecloth.. bowl of ice with a bottle of champagne in it..
    and lots of snackie foods..

so please be sure and stop and say something..
    I will wear my RRTHA cap with the crystals..
    not sure what twistedwire will be wearun'

thanks for reminding me horsefreak.. I have to pay my dues too!!

9. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

Is this IVHA???? How are the rides----I've heard they are huge and get unruly.

Amateur trailrider---- should I join this one too? Do you guys really go on that many rides over the summer?

(Sorry about borrowing the thread)

10. snaffle

snaffle Guest

I 'think' is is IVHA..
    couldn't tell you about the rides..

I have never been on one..
    I only go to the social ;)

hang out with some friends..
    buy some used tack...

and eat :D

11. ihave3

ihave3 New Member

They have gotten better not so unruly :D. We always go to the overnighter Pork chop dinner it is a blast.

12. AppyGSP

AppyGSP Senior Member

Yes, it's IVHA's thing...

The rides aren't as unruly as previous years, but they tend to have too many beer stops which makes the rides longer.

13. Buffy

Buffy New Member

14. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

Multiple beer stops, not my idea of a nice afternoon out riding

You want to drink, stay home---drink then load horse into trailer and get in truck and drive home?

15. BUC

BUC Administrator

Oh please..."If you want to drink, stay home"...how about if you don't want to go on a ride where people are going to have some fun which involves liquor, you stay home. Or there are plenty of rides where booze isn't involved, go find one of those ::)

16. Morganfan608

Morganfan608 New Member

Soooo, Snaffle, do you have to be a 'member' to go to this sware'?......is this the group that wears lipstick too?!!! :eek:

17. horsefreak

horsefreak New Member

I've been riding with them for quite a few years, very few times have I seen real unruly. They have a lot of riders 160+ used to be a typical turnout. So yeah you're going to have all types, most the people are nice normal horsemen and horsewomen. Can't group them as all bad because of a few bad apples. I like the early rides just to get out and see friends, the rides are not over taxing on the horses. The clubs including ours, only make maney to stay alive on the "beverage" stops and lunches. If you don't drink, there are going to be plenty of other people that don't drink there too, bring a friend so you have peolpe to talk to on the stops. I do find them a bit long, but maybe our clubs stops are too ling too, but we all get to talking and before you know it, time has passed. The two ride is a big time. I usually have something else going on that weekend so we just go down for the night.

18. Morganfan608

Morganfan608 New Member

Is this the group that does the 'stew' ride in the fall between Earlville & Harding? If so, I used to go every year. Sure, there were a lot of beer stops and some wild participants but, it was A LOT of fun! There were plenty of riders on that ride that didn't drink....VERY pretty ride in the fall.

19. Buffy

Buffy New Member

Michelle has convinced (recruited) me >:D

If I can get a sitter for Wednesday night, I'm going to attend their meeting! :th_fluffbunny:

20. horsefreak

horsefreak New Member

Wednesday is Fox Valley Trail Riders. Tomorrow is the Illinois valley Horseman's Association (must join too $10.00 also) and IVHA is the club that has the Stew Ride, they ride that same ride several times a year.