Wild Game Night

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by lori, Feb 5, 2009.

1. lori

lori New Member

So, I have heard rumor that a local bar (well, Buckley, IL) is having "wild game night." No--it's not wild games, it's wild game. Deer, rabbit, pheasant, and squirrel. A thing where you make a donation for what you want.

I must say I am curious... I was recently talking to a friend, and apparently he's slightly obsessed with eating pheasants. He made them sound like chicken deluxe. My general policy is not to eat anything cute, so I've never ate any of those animals. I don't know what's up with me, but I'm pretty sure 1 beer and I would try deer and pheasant. 2 beers, rabbit. 3 beers and I'd probably think I liked squirrels!

Anyone up for another get together? LOL, they have an adult store in town there, too!

2. Shadow

Shadow New Member

SO did you throw in the fact there is an XXX store in the area as an incentive to go...you are one sick chick..LOL By the way where is Buckley in reguards to Champaign...I like pheasant, and rabbit, never ate squirrel before..and I really don't care for venison..unless it is jerky or summer sausage. What night does these "wild game night" fall on ???

3. lori

lori New Member

I don't know--I think we have a weeks or two, I only know from a bar employee that they are working on planning this thing. I will let you all know when I know more. >:D

Buckley is about 35-40 minutes north, straight up I-57 (or Rt-45), the I-57 exits are Champaign, Rantoul, Paxton, then Buckley.

AND it's only about 40 mins south of Kankakee, for our northern friends. About 12 miles south of Gilman. 60 miles southeast of Dwight.

I have been the store--the Lions' Den. I guess because I'm not all anxious about going, I get followed as some sort of expert when it's time to hit these places up for bachelorette party supplies. Nothing like taking an innocent girl from Georgia into her first XXX store. She was all, "Well, I declare!"

4. JenR

JenR Formerly Underworld Queen

What's the name of the bar?
    Do I get to purchase multi colored party favors?

PS. Pheasant is delicious!

5. Mass

Mass Senior Member and Masscaster

Do you have to shoot it yourself? :D

6. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

I've had rabbit, deer, pheasant, bear, elk, moose, all kinds of game. never tried squirl but I'd give it a go.
    too bad it's so damn far from me. Sounds like fun.

7. lori

lori New Member

I'll tell you guys all the details when it becomes official--I was just let in on their plans before they were announced so just in case--shhh it's kind of on the down-low.

Nah, it sounds like there are a handful of guys who are avid hunters, have more than they can use, etc. I have no idea how this works! I will let you guys know, I don't know what is up with me but the last couple of months I've become curious about eating some cute animals...

8. DENNIS

DENNIS Member

just something to think about, when you take the fur off and cook it, are you sure it is squirrel, or rabbit, how about skunk or coon or possum..

9. WindyKnollFarm

WindyKnollFarm New Member

I wasn't a vegetarian, I would be all over this! :laugh:

10. horsefreak

horsefreak New Member

Been there done that, it was fun. I have to admit rocky mountain oysters are the only thing that I really remember enjoying. They did cook every thing well, nothing was gamey tasting. I think Pheasants Forever sponsors it. No matter how well it taste somethings are hard to get past what it "was." Peasants are very good, the meat is kinda dry, if you wrap them in bacon it's so good! We throw them in the deep fryer.

11. tater883

tater883 New Member

Possum,Coon and beaver are all good but so is the rest please let us know when and where it will be and just remember we don't shoot Innocent animals only the ones that look guilty

12. lori

lori New Member

OK, she is going to let us know the date, right now it looks like the first week of March. I'll keep you posted. For the squirrel, pheasant, rabbit, and deer, you contribute to the cooks' beer fund. They'll also have most of their regular menu (hamburgers, pork chops, chicken, etc) for those not ready to walk on the wild side.

13. MelW

MelW New Member

wow eating fluffy bunnies sounds good right now