Wooooooo Ikea!

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by lori, Jan 12, 2009.

1. lori

lori New Member

My good friend and I, I think, will be heading up from Urbana to Ikea on Friday. I have THE most fun with this girl. I adore Ikea. She just moved into a new house about twice as big as her old one, she needs a few things like a couch and a new bed and some other little furniture pieces! I want to possibly be able to buy a couch and I have a list of other lower priced things I want to check out (drapes, rugs, etc.). So I'm taking my Yukon and my 2 horse so we'll be fully armed and dangerous! I am really excited. :)

Anyone from down this way need anything brought home from Ikea? Any thing cool there that I might not have caught on to from the Web site?

2. susiebk

susiebk New Member

Which one are you going to? Bollingbrook or Schaumburg???? Schaumburg is bigger, but more difficult I would think pulling a trailer....(and more expensive since you'll be on the I-355 toll road longer).....Have fun! I used to go there all the time..its great-you can check in your children while you shop, and pick them up when you are done >:D

3. lori

lori New Member

I am thinking we are going to go to Schaumberg anyway for the full Ikea experience. My friend has been to both, I've only been to Schaumberg but she says same stuff, Schaumberg's layout is more fun. I think we are going to leave here between 7-9 am, get up there in 3-3.5 hours, and stay until it closes if need be.

She is bringing her 6 month old... I am tempted to pull my 10-year-old out of school for the day. Can't think why it'd be educational other than she would have fun--it's kind of like taking a vacation, which my parents pulled me out of school to do often enough.

4. susiebk

susiebk New Member

I think the 10 month old will be too little to be checked in....I think they have to be potty trained.....and your daughter might be too tall....they have a height thing that you have to be between....you can to to Woodfield and have lunch at Rainforest...really COOL........maybe next time I can meet you guys up there (my sister lives near there)....

5. funnypaint

funnypaint New Member

Last time I was in there they had some niiiiice marked down prices on a lot of stuff (bigger furniture)... but I came home empty handed anyway!

I really don't like the Bolingbrook Ikea, but it'll do in a time crunched day.

6. lori

lori New Member

Actually, my plan on the kids was this: My 10-year-old, being an only child, thinks she adores babies and little children. So I was going to pawn the 6 month old off on her. >:D (Heeey! The devil's head smiley is back!)

Susie, we'll be there on Friday! My friend is a postpartum nurse getting ready to switch to L&D, don't all nurses get along? :)