Wyoming Sale

Discussion in 'The Corral' started by ihave3, Feb 13, 2009.

1. ihave3

ihave3 New Member

Does anyone know if the Wyoming sale is this Saturday. I know it is under new management but didn't know if the dates are the same. Wanted to go if there is one Tomorrow.

2. OCF

OCF New Member

3. April

April New Member

yes the sale is this Saturday.

4. Appyrider

Appyrider New Member

Chris no longer owns the Wyoming Sale Barn - sales are the 2nd saturday of the month

Chad and Chase now own the barn.

5. ihave3

ihave3 New Member

6. OCF

OCF New Member

I'm behind the times I knew that Carl didn't own it anymore.

7. BUC

BUC Administrator

How are the sales now? I haven't been since Carl had it...well since the sale he announced he was selling it but then took it back, so it's been a while...

8. April

April New Member

Don't know about the Wyoming sale but I went to one last Saturday. The tack went stupid high and was very little of it. And there were two horses to sell. One nosaleed at $800 wanted $1000 and the other was a yearling stud colt went for $50. The first was papered don't know about the second. I was getting out of there.

First sale I have been to in a year. Now I rememeber why I have not been going.

9. ihave3

ihave3 New Member

We went when Chris took over it seemed to be the same as when Carl had it Carl even had stuff there for sale. We are going today so I will let ya know how it was.

10. ihave3

ihave3 New Member

They had tons of tack it went on and on and on. We had to get back to feed but hubby was waiting on a certain saddle and it was 15 min after 6 and we had to go so he finally talked someone into getting the saddle up there first when the guys lot came up and he bought it and we left. I think people were getting a little irritated that the tack went on so long I think they probably should have started at 9am instead of 11.

Not sure how the horses went we left at 6:30 and they were on the last tack lot and still had all the saddles to sell. I did come home with a big black stuffed horse that my 4 yr old wanted really bad my hubby could have smacked me that damn thing cost 50 dollars but the lady next to me said just think you don't have to feed this one. I told him it was my little ones Valentines day present.

11. OCF

OCF New Member

That's how they used to do it at DeWitt, IA sale years ago. I haven't been in forever probably seven or eight years, but they would sell tack until everyone was so sick of sitting around they would leave before the horses ever sold.