Yo Shell

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by BUC, Jan 29, 2009.

1. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

So what..... are they flagging every free horse ad for "fear of slaughter"?

2. snaffle

snaffle Guest

Help me understand this so I dont misunderstand.

When someone puts up an ad for a FREE horse..
    it is getting flagged by the 'save a horse' patrol...

making it even harder for people to get rid of horses?

umm... which means..
    there will be even more neglected and abused horses ...

Are they trying to force people into euthanasia? as a choice?

hmmm.... oh I get it!!
    euthanasia and slaughter are two entirely different things..

one.. ends the life of the horse..
    and the other..

ends the life of the horse...

I think I get it.

3. Buffy

Buffy New Member

idjuts. ALL of em. ::)

4. Shell

Shell New Member

:laugh: Finally found the time to see if MWH is up and running...And I get a personal post by one of my favorite members who reminds me of the verbal slap in the back of the head I got a little while back. But remember, back then I didn't know beforehand. :-[ (you need one w/ a blushing smile)

But, Thanks Buc! I now get it. :D
    you always make me more educated!

Unfuckinbelieveable that their on a flagging rampage!

5. AKPonygirl

AKPonygirl New Member

wow... I think there are several screws bouncing around over there.... :eek: freaks.. it must suck to be that We Todd It..... ;D

6. Shell

Shell New Member

AKP, :D!

I didn't check, are the FOB's making a big to do about Barbaro's brother making his way on the track? I would think they'd see this horse as Barbaro's spirit, since it's his full brother. ::)

7. Shell

Shell New Member

I checked. Their keeping Barbaro's spirit seperate from his brother.

8. BUC

BUC Administrator

Hey, I only tapped you on the shoulder, I didn't slap you, ;D

They have been flagging so long now that they rarely talk about it anymore.

The horse doesn't even have to be free for them to flag it. If they don't like the price, way the ad is written or even your picture they flag. There were flagging one a few weeks ago because a lady had advertised some young ones. Most of them were $4,500 but a couple were $500. They decided she was unfit to breed (because no horse should ever, ever be bred...unless it's the Jacksons making a second coming of Barbaro) and flagged her ass right off craigslist too.

Barbaro's passing was 2 years ago on 1/29. That was a fun day over there ::) 10 million posts about how that horse means more to them than their own families. "He was so magical and special, I cry every day still" that kind of shit everywhere ::)

9. JenR

JenR Formerly Underworld Queen

I posted this before, and will say it again (because it got lost) -- it's too bad there isn't a way to nail them for infringement on personal liberties for this asinine flagging bs.

Is there any way to find a single mom, minority, poor, disabled horseperson(preferrably of a non mainstream religious and social group) to place an ad, get it flagged, and then nail the beejesus out of them for discrimination et al?

That would almost be worth paying to see >:D

10. Buffy

Buffy New Member

Hey! I'm a single mom (kinda), have about 3% American Indian in me, I'm poor cuz I'm collecting unemployment right now and my knee hurts. If anyone needs to sell a horse on Craigslist, I could list it for them! >:D

11. Shell

Shell New Member

Shit! Knowing no one would want our old man, I could list him. With his long grizzle bear winter coat his withers and sway REALLY look bad. IMO. But he's fat, healthy, and happy. His only jobs are to keep breathing and remain healthy and active with his buddy's. And listing him with his age..32..I'm sure his ad would get flagged.
    This would be just an experiment, right?

Although there may be a problem with doing this... what I read in the FOB posts, is someone mentioned flaggers can't be traced.

But I think we should try it!

Buffy, I could get a recent picture of Joe and send it to you with some info about him, and you can piece it together to post. Just an idea. I figure it would be easier for flags using a "posterchild" looking horse. (Sorry Joe!)

12. Shell

Shell New Member

Yeah I know Buc :D , but for not knowing better I should have. I transferred your tap into a slap in the back of the head for ya. ;D I didn't even THINK FOB's, with that ad and the poster writing "don't flag me again". Being naive, I was thinking the first time he posted with a picture of the TH & mule and he got flagged for their condition, so he posted again without a picture..which was the ad I saw.

I read several of them are lighting a candle for what's his name, Barbaro's other brother making his debut on the track.

13. Buffy

Buffy New Member

Ooooh. This could be fun >:D

14. Shell

Shell New Member

How can you tell if an ad has been flagged?